Thread: Blm history 132 wot can't lower it??

Fuel Injected!

Blm history 132 wot can't lower it??

Ok so I had my ve tables close and was fairly disappointed in motor but turned pe on and it perked up a lot. I adjusted pe afr multiplier vs. rpm, 1.03 to 1.05 and that was fantastic, took ae down a tad at high rpm, that cleaned up the take off feel and sound. Now the problem is I have a rich area 2000-2200 rpm x 40-60 kpa and a lean area 2400-6200 rpm x 80-100 Kpa. Lower rpm in 80-100 kpa all at 122!?!?!

I tried advancing timing in about 4 cells to try and lean out lower rpm area but I did not see a change. Maybe I did not add enough?!?! So I went back to pe multiplier, up or down only leans out upper rpm and ae doesn't seem to effect Blm history.

Did I miss something or not aggressive enough with timing?

Tunerpro, apu1, 707 ecm, 8b mask, auto trans bin tuning to a 5 speed, 2.3 quad 4 with port matched to 4-2-1 header 1990 grand am motor in a 1985 fiero

Fuel Injected!
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but BLM is not active during PE mode. Closed loop and BLM is never active when the AFR is not at lambda = 1 because the narrowband O2 sensors are only capable of working at lambda = 1.

You should filter the log to eliminate and BLM data during PE mode. You also have to use a wideband O2 to tune PE mode.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok well that makes sense!! I am just trying to learn how to tune. This is my first time :-) and probably know the least about modifying a bin file out of everyone here. At least when I started ;-) I still have to find instructions on putting wbo2 on apu1, so I guess I'll b doing that!!!

I sure thank you sir!!

Fuel Injected!
    It seems you're getting there. I'm really not sure how good that history table is from Tunerpro. I suspect it's putting the BLM values into the table all the time which isn't right. You may have to setup an XL spreadsheet to filter a datalog to create a good BLM table. I can post the spreadsheet I was using for a LT1 or at least give you some hints on how to do it.

But then, if you disable PE mode and wait until your engine is in closed loop then that table should be fairly decent. Just don't expect any heavy throttle data to be good so go slow with the throttle transitions and don't bother going to wide open.

Fuel Injected!
    The adx was basic when I got it, I had to add dash, data lists, someone on here helped me get it started but it probably needs a lot of stuff I know nothing about. I looked for a spreadsheet but there wasn't one at the tread for that stuff so yes please post spreadsheet :-) Will I need to modify it for my engine or mask?

Those maps are a tad modded after I turned on pe, wasn't sure about pulling 7000 rpm with out pe for upper rpm map. Lower is close but has that pit in the middle, I got 122 blm's no pe in the 2000-2200rpm x40- 60kpa. Gonna try timing but I'm trying to be carful.

Now im trying to find info on which wire to go to apu1, is it the output wire from o2 sensor or from the controller of meter? I found treads but they don't say which output wire to use. I have a NOS FJO Enterprizes wide band afr meter never used till a month ago

Fuel Injected!
    Is the xl spreadsheet you use for data info just regular spreadsheet with a formula of some sort or something fairly in depth?? It been a while but I can work xl on an elementary level :-)

Fuel Injected!
    I forgot about this. The basic commands are AVERAGEIFS and COUNTIFS. You use these to filter by a number of conditions and come-up with the data.

Here's the command I use to create a BLM value for each VE cell on a $EE log.

=IF(ISERROR(AVERAGEIFS(log!$HJ:$HJ,log!$FF:$FF,"EN ABLED",log!$HS:$HS,"CLOSED",log!$GK:$GK,">="&$C4-100,log!$GK:$GK,"<"&$C4+100,log!$IC:$IC,">="&D$3-5,log!$IC:$IC,"<"&D$3+5)),128,AVERAGEIFS(log!$HJ:$ HJ,log!$FF:$FF,"ENABLED",log!$HS:$HS,"CLOSED",log! $GK:$GK,">="&$C4-100,log!$GK:$GK,"<"&$C4+100,log!$IC:$IC,">="&D$3-5,log!$IC:$IC,"<"&D$3+5))

I use it by making a table with rpm on the left and MAP on the top.

The command breaks down like this. I have a separate tab called log I just paste the log into.

log!$HJ:$HJ == is the column in the containing the BLM data
    log!$FF:$FF,"ENABLED" == checks the BLM column for enabled
    log!$HS:$HS,"CLOSED" == checks the loop status column for closed loop (probably redundant since BLM won't be enabled in open loop).

The last 4 conditions fill-in the VE table you created in XL by keeping the rpm +/- 100 and the MAP +/- 5.
    log!$GK:$GK,">="&$C4-100
    log!$GK:$GK,"<"&$C4+100
    log!$IC:$IC,">="&D$3-5
    log!$IC:$IC,"<"&D$3+5

Repeat with another table for COUNTIFS. You can then average the data, sort it to only show data with a minimum count, etc, etc.

Attached is a simple example. You'd want to put your log in and change the columns in the formula to simply match the ones in your log.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but BLM is not active during PE mode. Closed loop and BLM is never active when the AFR is not at lambda = 1 because the narrowband O2 sensors are only capable of working at lambda = 1.

You should filter the log to eliminate and BLM data during PE mode. You also have to use a wideband O2 to tune PE mode.

Chech this out?!?
    there are some others I'll take a pic of in tables, PE afr, pe afr multipliers

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, that uses BLM data, but during PE operation the PCM is not learning it won't change the BLM data. If there are any BLM data points that are > 128 then that means the tune is lean. So, what that switch does is use the >128 BLM data to add extra fuel during PE mode.

Don't forget, the actual BLM table is likely only 9 cells, but it could be 16 cells. So, anything above a MAP of 60 or a RPM of 2500 could be a single BLM cell. Your PCM learns the BLM value for that cell when in closed loop and then continues to use the learned value if >128 when you add more throttle and rpm and go to open loop.

Look for BLM cell boundary tables which will tell you where the cell breaks are.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok the commands my mind has a little trouble getting straight or processing all at once but when I get time I'm gonna sit down and look at xl and spread sheet.

I I figured out the afr meter so I can hook to apu1 now I think I know what you are talking about in pe mode and open loop. I've been emulating playing with ae watching afr and by feel but I think I have other problems. I can't get rid of a auto transmission code and another (62 and 26) I have a 5speed trans with auto 3 speed ecm. I will be chasing them before I go farther. I have been having problems keeping a tune, before wether cooled off I did some wot runs and scared myself but now has no power and checked mechanicals, ignition and injectors now gotta go over my custom wiring.

I I also didn't know to change any settings before I started tuning ve table. So may need to start all over with multipliers and corrections ( what ever a correction is) flattened out. Trying to read Greg banish books but wife and kids hinder that :-)

I really appreciate your time!! And info is great I'm learning a lot but I'm trying to do it in wrong order lol