Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 350 5.7 TBI Timing/Fuel Issue

1project, he swapped out computers between getting codes, that will have cleared them. If they continue to come back he has a problem
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Administrator
    Ok, but he took a long drive after the swap? With no light, but it set codes? If a code is present there should be a check engine light. And it runs fine but it's too rich?? This is a strange excercise in contradictions.

Exactly. I don't remember, but I believe if a code is intermittent, it is possible for them to be set without turning on the cel. It has been a while, but I believe that to be the case. If so, intermittent codes being set will be caused by floating grounds or fluxuating reference voltages. Something as simple as a ground wire that isn't making contact with bare metal. Some people have had problems if the ground strap between the passenger side head and the body is missing. Without being there, it is really difficult to make a diagnosis. I really hope that when this gets figured out it is posted on the thread.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

Electronic Ignition!
    I'm gonna work on it when I get off work today and see what I can find out. I will definitely post whatever the problem ends up being. Only way I know to clear codes is to disconnect battery for a couple minutes. My scanner won't allow me to clear the codes. Thanks again everyone for your input!!