Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changing from $88 to $8D mask, bin.

Here's a few.

Took the one they had and opened it in notepad and it had 1000 lines of code from all the monitors and history tables and item lists before the connection commands. So only change was move commands to first in file Code-$59-V.adx

Then made a silence command, it had one but not used anywhere? FO poll usually needs a silence then ask for data... Code-$59-V1.adx

Then set things back to where the ALDL should be they were removing or shortening? Code-$59-V1.1.adx

All those seem to be used on differant ECM then yours but ALDL address are same FO poll like the Syclone and turbo Sunbird which is $58

Then did one with exact connect and monitor that worked in your car in Code $59 adx. Code-$59-V2.adx

The simplified some things... Code-$59-V2.1 and V2.2.adx

So try Code-$59-V2.adx first as that was what worked on your car with $88. Don't be afraid to connect and if bad data disconnect and reconnect. I have one like that right now I can't figure out, but it works fine second shot every time?

Try all the others, if you find they work pass them around. Seems like they were close over there but still had a glitch. I've had an account there for awhile but never posted...
    Attached Files Attached Files

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I will try them out right now...Ill be back in a few
    Turbo 3.1/3100 V6 Thirdgen Camaro
    Best 1/4 mile 11.59@119Mph 15psi

It may be a port setting issue of the computer itself, and not a problem with the ADX file at all.

There is information about that on TGO or the Tuner Pro forums.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

WOW the ADX. V2 worked right off the bat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so so happy now that i can read the info and it isnt having a sezure!!!

I will definitly share those ADX files.

Thank you so so so much man, you have no idea how much flustration you just saved me. Ive been playing with that ADX for hours and no luck, but you got it down man forsure!! Thank you!

I posted them up over at Code $59. Maybe let them know your V2 worked on your 1227730 $88 ecm in the thread I started.. I'm sure one of the others I adjusted for them will work better then what they had. Paul had a huge amount of work into that ADX. But connection commands were off...

-= =-

Ok will do! Thanks again,
    Tommorow I will try out the other ADX files you sent tommorow so I can tell ya which ones works, even though that V2 does work great!

Why bother? Your set. It's up to the other guys with differant ECMs to find which one works for them or if it stills needs work...

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Why bother? Your set. It's up to the other guys with differant ECMs to find which one works for them or if it stills needs work...
    Ok, i didnt know if ya wanted me to see if the others worked as well. I feel like i owe ya everytime you help me..LOL. becuase id be screwed if you didnt help me out.
    Thanks again!

I apreciate it! I get to learn to do files on cars I don't have with good testers like you. I'd like to see one of those other guys with differat ECM try the other ones to see what worked and what didn't. Even though your all running Code $59. the ALDL is a little differant from ECM to ECM. So yours might not work on theirs, you could for kicks try the V and V1 stuff on yours?

-= =-

I apreciate it! I get to learn to do files on cars I don't have with good testers like you. I'd like to see one of those other guys with differat ECM try the other ones to see what worked and what didn't. Even though your all running Code $59. the ALDL is a little differant from ECM to ECM. So yours might not work on theirs, you could for kicks try the V and V1 stuff on yours?
    That doesn't make any sense, since I use a '7730 for bench testing and a '7749 in my car and use the same ADX file in both cases for $59.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Your 7730 does not have other modules on same ALDL line. It is just engine data, not trans, body, etc... there are 16 possibities RBob told me when a ALDL has Mode 7. His does and in the ALDL.ds file has a Mode 7 but no other information.

The ALDL.ds files from ALDLstuff zip are in order but have no directions on some like his. My LT1 was another. I did not understand them either until I read them all in order and some have instructions, then subsequint ones do not have the instructions listed again.

So need to listen... send silence command, then send get data command from proper address. I think this is proper for all ALDL data that comes from $FO which is a poll. Not needed when ALDL data is from $F4... but if no other modules are in $FO poll you can get away with just getting data.

Best as I can desribe it, not like there's a class to take to learn this stuff... read below is basics...

COMMAND ID: THIS IS THE ID OF THE NORMAL MODE MESSAGE TO BE COMMANDED BY A
    MODE 7 TO THE MASTER.

LISTEN ID : WHEN THE MODE 7 IS SENT TO THE MASTER, THE MASTER TRANSMITS THE
    REQUESTED NORMAL MODE MESSAGE WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT CAUSE A
    RESPONSE MESSAGE TO BE GENERATED BY ANOTHER MODULE. IN ORDER TO
    MAINTAIN PROPER SYNCHRONIZATION WITH TRAFFIC ON THE DATA LINK, THE
    LISTEN ID SHOULD BE THAT OF THE RESPONSE MESSAGE IF ONE IS
    GENERATED OR THE COMMAND ID IF NO RESPONSE IS GENERATED BY THE
    NORMAL MODE MESSAGE.

-= =-

I went ahead and registered, and downloaded $59. I would really love to see a hac for this. I am trying to wrap my head around how the datastream puts the data together. guess I should check out the forum for it.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

No problem. Will do!

I should have added to reply above about mode 7 that I would really have to look a tECM number and ALDL file for 7749? that came on turbo cars to get Code $59 adx correct for there vehicles. What was years, make model that came turbo. Probably all $58 stuff...

I don't know why TPV4 and ads were so simple. But in TPV5 all 8192 baud, Pin M on ALDL which is bi directional all seem to need tweaked. 160 baud on pin E were all fine, unidirectional, read only!

-= =-

Progress pics for your entertainment. Hopfully get to tune within a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea! There is only a few little things i need to do but this is basically done, as for the physical parts. Tuning is gonna be the hard part..