Thread: Changing from $88 to $8D mask, bin.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ahh ok thanks!!
    Turbo 3.1/3100 V6 Thirdgen Camaro
    Best 1/4 mile 11.59@119Mph 15psi

Any one know of a way to transfer the values from my $88 bins to the $8D bin faster then typing them all?? Expsecially the VE and SA tables.

Have your 8D bin open in TunerPro. Go to Compare and load your $88 bin and check the box. Then when you have ... no that won't work with differant masks...

Tools, Custom tools and open New TunerPro Instance. Now you have 2 TunerPros open. Open your $88 bin in one and $8d bin in other, if tables are identiacl you can click top left cell to highlight entire table and copy, same on other side and paste. If tables are differant then one line at a time...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Don't copy values in tables over, especially VE and spark tables. The calculations are different between differen codes, and can cause problems when swiching to a different mask.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Don't copy values in tables over, especially VE and spark tables. The calculations are different between differen codes, and can cause problems when swiching to a different mask.
    Ok then how am i suppose to fill the spark and fuel tables in?? Just datalog again and slowly fix them?? Im really doubting that my cars going to run with those SA tables since they are way!!!!!different then mine, along with the VE tables.

Can I make the $8D work with a 2 or 3 bar map?? Anyone know what to change??
    ?

Ok well its official!!! Im onto the turbo build. i started tearing into the exhust routing this afternoon, plan to get most of the pipe finished off from the manifolds to the turbo tommorow.

One the tuning side, i ordered a 3 bar map sensor, which i plan to use with the $59 mask. I still need to read some more about the process but as of what i see and am told it will work with my ecu with little or no repinning. So as soon as i get the 3 bar map and do a little exhaust routing, Ill then begin to transfer some info from my $88 although im sure i can scrap most of that info from logging since it was on a N/A engine. I plan to run 7psi on the car, the internal wastegate is set at 7psi, and i dont plan on getting into rasing the boost till i know i can tune it well. Rather safe then sorry when it comes to boost.

We are having a discussion of 2 bar conversion and seems 2 bar is to much for 6 psi, so would handle 7 psi. 3 bar is going to only give you half use of table. From 0 to 50% load 2 bar would be 0 to 85% ish...

Read here
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...CM-Options-for...

I don't know how much a stock bottom end can handle without forged pistons which are usually used in boosted engines. Then there's going to be a need for an oil cooler cause the turbo bearing will need lots of oil to cool it. Syntetic oil handles heat better without breaking down... just some things to think about.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-