Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changing from $88 to $8D mask, bin.

Changing from $88 to $8D mask, bin.

Since i cannot do any more tuneing because of the winter weather, ive looked at changing my $88 mask and bin to a $8D. My car is a 1991 3.1L camaro with speed density 730 ecu 88 mask and bin.

Ive read through the info on the $8D and there is alot more tuning options that i like in there, along with alot more support for those bin's and mask. No one really seems to mod. tune the 3.1L with the 88 bin. I dot plan on turboing this car for a bit as i dont know neearly enough to do it, although i do have all the componets(except WB 02 sensor) to turbo the car.

So far i have changed the # of cylinders, idle max speed, VVS pulse, injector flow rate, and a few other things. Im sure ill have quite a few questions of how to change a value to a different value at time goes foward. I just thought id start this thread in case another six shooter f-body wanted to do this also.
    Turbo 3.1/3100 V6 Thirdgen Camaro
    Best 1/4 mile 11.59@119Mph 15psi

Six Shooter has a Turbo on his Datson 280Z... running Code 59...

Since your going to 8D have you looked at Super AUJP? I've never done it but it's supposed to be a better $8D...
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-8D

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Six Shooter has a Turbo on his Datson 280Z... running Code 59...

Since your going to 8D have you looked at Super AUJP? I've never done it but it's supposed to be a better $8D...
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-8D
    Thanks! Whats the differnce between between the stock and super AUJP??? If id run $59 would it still work out ok with out a turbo?? I dont plan on doing that(turbo) till this summer at best, but dont wana switch over Bin files too times

I think fasteddie was referring to his engine as a "six shooter," which is where my name mostly comes from. ;)

You shouldn't have to change much more than what you already have to get the engine running. The biggest things are cylinder count and base PW or injector size.

Differences between standard $8D vs S_AUJP? I can't honestly answer that, but I can say I used S_AUJP on a conversion of a 409 to MPFI and worked well for it. S_AUJP does have the WBO2 datalogging enabled natively, so that makes that aspect easier. I know the VE and spark tables have been extended, so that might help.

$59 will run N/A, you just won't use any of the VE or spark tables above 100 KPA, until you add the turbo. $59 also have WBO2 datalogging capability, plus WBO2 closed loop control as well.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    I think fasteddie was referring to his engine as a "six shooter," which is where my name mostly comes from. ;)

You shouldn't have to change much more than what you already have to get the engine running. The biggest things are cylinder count and base PW or injector size.

Differences between standard $8D vs S_AUJP? I can't honestly answer that, but I can say I used S_AUJP on a conversion of a 409 to MPFI and worked well for it. S_AUJP does have the WBO2 datalogging enabled natively, so that makes that aspect easier. I know the VE and spark tables have been extended, so that might help.

$59 will run N/A, you just won't use any of the VE or spark tables above 100 KPA, until you add the turbo. $59 also have WBO2 datalogging capability, plus WBO2 closed loop control as well.
    ok thanks for the info!!! Yea i did mean six shooter as in V6 ...opps i guess i should of clarified that. when i get to values in 8D that I dont have info on, do i just leave them blank??? Since $88 has less info and values.

Well 8D is the mask that reads the values in the bin/chip. Same for any chip if you don't know what the info/values do then leave them alone. Your going to have to change a few things to get it set for V6 in stead of V8 and 3.1L from 5.0-7L but then it's going to be just like tuning your chip in $88.

-= =-

Ok im gonna try and finish setting up the ve tables/ spark tables tonight.

GearHead-EFI Vendor!
    Quote Originally Posted by fasteddi View Post
    So far i have changed the # of cylinders, idle max speed, VVS pulse, injector flow rate, and a few other things.
    The VSS PPM is the same between the '90-'92 MPFI cars and the '90-'92 TPI cars.

RBob.

It was closes but not the same.. 4004.78/mile was mine.... and IIRC the $8D bin I had was 4008.94/mile

That's essentially the same. The difference is probably in the calculation used in the XDF. I also notice that whan some. Ales are saved they save as a slightly different value than input.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Ahh ok thanks!!

Any one know of a way to transfer the values from my $88 bins to the $8D bin faster then typing them all?? Expsecially the VE and SA tables.

Have your 8D bin open in TunerPro. Go to Compare and load your $88 bin and check the box. Then when you have ... no that won't work with differant masks...

Tools, Custom tools and open New TunerPro Instance. Now you have 2 TunerPros open. Open your $88 bin in one and $8d bin in other, if tables are identiacl you can click top left cell to highlight entire table and copy, same on other side and paste. If tables are differant then one line at a time...

-= =-

Don't copy values in tables over, especially VE and spark tables. The calculations are different between differen codes, and can cause problems when swiching to a different mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Don't copy values in tables over, especially VE and spark tables. The calculations are different between differen codes, and can cause problems when swiching to a different mask.
    Ok then how am i suppose to fill the spark and fuel tables in?? Just datalog again and slowly fix them?? Im really doubting that my cars going to run with those SA tables since they are way!!!!!different then mine, along with the VE tables.

Can I make the $8D work with a 2 or 3 bar map?? Anyone know what to change??
    ?