I recently completed a TBI / Vortec head swap. I changed out a few other things as well but for budget reasons I did not change the cam. I am regretting this decision now. For the investment I made I am not happy with how it runs. So...I am going to change the cam out this winter.

My truck's engine already has a roller cam (it's not the original engine) but this cam is pretty pathetic, I posted the specs below. I'm not trying to get too crazy with the new cam, I do a lot of towing and I'd like to take advantage of the heads, intake, etc. that I have already invested in. One thing I am a little concerned with is this engine has a slightly higher compression ratio than the stock engine (9.4:1 vs 9.6:1). Also, with the vortec heads having a slightly smaller combustion chamber (65.3cc vs 64cc) I assume the compression ratio is a little higher yet. I would like to continue using 87 octane if possible.

Any suggestions for a decent budget cam? I am considering GMPP #14097395. Has anyone here used this cam? The handful of reviews I have read people seem to like the power gain and the torque.

My current cam specs:
INTAKE LIFT-.359" * EXHAUST LIFT.384" * INTAKE DURATION @.050-186.5 * EXHAUST DURATION @.050-193.8
Lobe Center Seperation-110.3°

GMPP 14097395
Valve Lift: 0.431 int./0.451 exh.
Duration at 050 inch: 196 int./206 exh
Lobe Center Separation: 109°

Any & all input is appreciated. Thanks!