Thread: A little help with tuning..

Fuel Injected!

A little help with tuning..

Hey guys some of you already know that I'm in the middle of tuning my truck... it's my first tune and I can't help but think there is a faster way... what's you guys best way to tune ve tables without using a wb02.. I know it's a must have when tuning but I can't buy one til next week and I'm trying to get this thing done so I can take the family camping this weekend.. I'm using tuner pro if that makes a difference... I've got my ve tables pretty good up til wot I'm still a little rich.. and the truck runs rough in open loop.. is there a way to tune open loop?

You can get your tune pretty close with BLM data from the history tables in the datalog. Run the BLM data through the spreadsheet and it will get you really close. I looked through your other thread and you haven't posted a datalog. Can you post a datalog? Also, include the xdf file and adx file you are using.

Brian

Fuel Injected!
    What are you currently doing?

If you can tell its rich in certain areas you can back down the VE table in those areas.

The idle may need some other work besides the VE tables. Where is your O2 sensor compared to the stock location?

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry guys I've been tuning all day lol.. well I pretty much have this ve tuning table down pact by using the spreadsheet.. I have a timing table that someone sent me on here as well for the vortec heads I haven't messed with that much.. the tune is pretty decent but it has its flaws... seems like it has problems keeping fuel even tho I'm running 32 psi of fuel pressure... I want to install a wide band o2 sensor... how would I do this as far as getting the data to tuner pro? I'm using a ostrich 2.0 with a Aldu1 cable as well..

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    What are you currently doing?

If you can tell its rich in certain areas you can back down the VE table in those areas.

The idle may need some other work besides the VE tables. Where is your O2 sensor compared to the stock location?
    My o2 is in the stock location... (only one just behind the y pipe on passenger side) I do have a slight donut gasket leak could this cause probs for the o2 sensor to read?

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, any exhaust leak between the engine and the pipe with the O2 sensor messes with the O2 readings.