Thread: 1989 350tbi 1985 k5 10 inch of lift 38.5 ×× 16.5

Carb and Points!

Angry 1989 350tbi 1985 k5 10 inch of lift 38.5 ×× 16.5

1985 k5 started out yesterday thinking ez swap syared at it for two hours checked some plugs agenst the engen nothing acomplished I have too mutch mony in junkyard to go painless now so hear I am dont know were to start.

The TBI wire harness is a challenge, the first time out. Good planning can help organize the TBI harness into a manageable project. Having enough work space will help organize the TBI harness project. A 4'x8' sheet of plywood held up with two saw horses is one option to get the harness completely laid out. Having a "Punch List" of the circuits needed; for example IAC / TPS / CTS / ESC and the remaining circuits is very helpful to keep organized. Having a completely assembled TBI intake system is very helpful when laying out the TBI harness to mock up the layout. Having a multi-meter and the correct wiring schematic are "Must Have" tools when working with any wiring project. Before I started building new custom harness, I simplified several TBI harness. My first step to getting the TBI harness organized was to correctly identify and mark the power and ground circuits (battery / ignition / ground) with an ohm meter. The next step was the correct identify and mark the sensor and other needed connectors. I would stay 100% focused on one circuit / one wire at a time; for example I would stayed focused on the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to make sure it was wired like it needed to be and then move on to the next circuit. The last and final step is to cut and remove unused wiring.

It's a good plan to solder splice wires and avoid using butt splice connectors!

The time I need to simplify a used TBI harness is actually more time consuming than the amount of time takes me to build a new custom TBI harness. Used TBI harness can have some time consuming problems that need to be fixed, which is why I've stopped working with used TBI harness. A common problem area in a used TBI harness is were the factory spliced wires together, they crimped bare wire together and cover the splice with duck tape. After 20+ years of underhood service, the factory splices can and will become problematic! I've seen corrosion extend into the factory wiring splices several inches, before I found copper worthy of a solder splice.

dave w

Carb and Points!
    So I have a compleat harness whith it's computer I nead the pin out. I have all the plugs for the intake on it. I just nead fulltime power, fule pump power, and power in cranke and run, iv Ben lead to belive. I also have wire lumen all off and want to Delet as mutch as posible. Will I need the fuse box plug in the engin compartment? Can you get the wireing schematics hear for 1227747?
    Last edited by powderburk; 10-25-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Here is the link for 1227747 information, including schematics. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

I also attached some 1227747 schematics from a 1988 Blazer.

dave w