Thread: Adding a value/parameter into ecm?

Fuel Injected!

Adding a value/parameter into ecm?

Ok I have read a lot of stuff on this forum and other places and I think I read somewhere that you can add values or parameters in the ecm data list, for example the 427 ecm I'm working with does not have an electric cooling fan control. Can't I add a cooling fan control by editing the 0D xdf???
    Ive been trying to find where I thought I read something like that but maybe I confused it with something else.....

Thanks for your time

No, simply adding an item to the XDF does not add the functionality into the ECM itself. You need to edit the bin file with the correct values to add functionality then the XDF can be edited to manipulate the parameters governing that function.

E-fan control can be added to $0D and $0E because people have worked out how to do that and have provided the necessary HEX values and their locations to do so. I have provided links in the sticky at the top of this forum and I believe they are also in the associated ECM threads in the subforum.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok thank you a bunch!!!! I thought so but some of this stuff I have no idea what it is or does so am really unsure about about things unless I can find and read it 6 or 7 times.

Again thank you for your time!!! :-)