Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with my tuner pro

Fuel Injected!
    It's got the right XDF file.. I used a stock ve table and I'm getting it down pretty good in thr low rpm range... turned thr knock retard off as well as the egr tuned pe delay to zero.. now I'm having a hard time getting fuel in the 1600 to 1800 rpm range at high loads..

To get good BLM data in the high load cells you can try increasing the throttle position where PE is activated. Set all the cells in the TPS for PE vs RPM table to 60 percent. Set all cells in the TPS for Fast PE vs. RPM table to 60 percent. With these settings you should get good BLM data to 90 kpa or so.
    1995 K1500, Stock LO5, 4L60e, 3.73 gears, 265/75-16 tires, L&L Products Ultra-flow headers into 2-1/2" Y-pipe and 3" single exhaust

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwathen23 View Post
    The truck is a 94 gmc k2500... but the ecu I have is a 16168625 BJDR which is for a 93.. maybe split year...I'm Sur I have the right bin not sure about XDF I'll check after breakfast
    BJDR is $OE, any other XDF is wrong.

Fuel Injected!
    My bin is BJDR OD.bin I got that from this site.. my XDF file is a $0e as well as my adx... so I guess my bin is $0D and my adx xdf is $0D on my bin when u downloaded it it says it will work with $0E.. is that correct?

Fuel Injected!
    Here's the pic of my bin xdf adx

There is also a BJDR $OE bin you can download from this site. It should be correct for your truck since you have a 4L80E
    1995 K1500, Stock LO5, 4L60e, 3.73 gears, 265/75-16 tires, L&L Products Ultra-flow headers into 2-1/2" Y-pipe and 3" single exhaust

Fuel Injected!
    No matter how much fuel I put in the 60 map range to the 80 map range I cannot get the blms off 150

Quote Originally Posted by Jwathen23 View Post
    No matter how much fuel I put in the 60 map range to the 80 map range I cannot get the blms off 150
    That's because those values get truncated to 100 (Actually 99.71 IIRC), anything above that and there won't be any difference.

I don't recall all the details of the code you're running specifically, but there should be a secondary table, such as an adder table that will multiply the main VE, but again, if the value exceeds 100, then it gets truncated to that.

What you will need to do to get around that is to adjust the base pulse width component, usually BPC or BPC VS EGR, or BPW, or something along those lines. Increasing this number will add more fuel, but you will need to reduce idle and part throttle fueling in the main VE table to compensate.

Also are you tuning strictly off BLM data, or are you also looking at a WBO2 read out. I have found many times that BLM data can be misleading. This is especially true if the O2 sensor is old, or has been fouled by an excessively rich condition previously.

What do the plugs say? What's the exhaust look like?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    is the defferencse In od an oe the 460 and the 480 trans or is there more to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    That's because those values get truncated to 100 (Actually 99.71 IIRC), anything above that and there won't be any difference.

I don't recall all the details of the code you're running specifically, but there should be a secondary table, such as an adder table that will multiply the main VE, but again, if the value exceeds 100, then it gets truncated to that.

What you will need to do to get around that is to adjust the base pulse width component, usually BPC or BPC VS EGR, or BPW, or something along those lines. Increasing this number will add more fuel, but you will need to reduce idle and part throttle fueling in the main VE table to compensate.

Also are you tuning strictly off BLM data, or are you also looking at a WBO2 read out. I have found many times that BLM data can be misleading. This is especially true if the O2 sensor is old, or has been fouled by an excessively rich condition previously.

What do the plugs say? What's the exhaust look like?
    The codes running the 7427 ecm ($0D, $0E, etc.) have an idle VE table and a main VE table. These table are not added together, and there is no other adder table. The idle table is used under certain low rpm low throttle conditions and offers a little better resolution.

These codes also don't have BPW or BPC. There is a scalar for injector flow rate. If your engine needs more fuel than you can provide with a VE value of 100, you need to reduce the injector flow rate. If you reduce the injector flow rate 10%, reduce the values in the VE table by 10% also, except the area where more fuel is needed.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok well I'm confused as to what bin xdf adx files I should be using I'm having a hard time finding all thr files that match it'd a 1994 gmc k2500 with a 4l80e.. my ecm is a 16168625 BJDR...

Fuel Injected!
    Also my wide band o2s are all 10s they don't seem to move I use blm data only

Fuel Injected!
    Well I'm done with it.. apparently I'm not meant for programing so if anyone wants to buy a ostrich 2.0 with the alds cable let me know lol

Ok, so as I expected, the BLM data is wrong. If the WBO2 is showing very rich (10s+) and the BLM is showing 150, then the two don't jive... lower numbers on the WBO2 indicate a rich condition, higher numbers on the BLM indicate a lean condition. Remeber, for BLM, below 128, the ECM is taking away fuel delivery, above 128 the ECM is adding fuel.

This is where a false rich is being seen. Sometimes that can be due to an EXCESSIVELY rich condition, or a failed O2 sensor. This is also why an ECM can only adjust so much on its own, and needs the VE and spark to be pretty close to start with.

Reduce the fuel in the areas that you believed were lean and you should see your AFRs come back in line. Ignore BLM data data, and use open loop to tune with with (set closed loop enable to 255/max). Use the WBO2 readings to get everything in check.

Don't give up yet, many of us that tune didn't get it right away, some not even after a few months but playing and reading got us to where we are today. Hell, I've been tuning for about 10 years or so, and I STILL learn something new about tuning most times when I go out tuning, especially in my friend's '71 Cutlass that's a combination of parts that shouldn't work so well. lol
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I thought that you were soposed to tune in closed loop.. didn't know I could tune in open loop... Ive never read about thr wbo2 thats why I never used it I've only read to adjust in closed loop using blm data... the o2 sensor is brand new but maybe it's messed up from being to rich.... which would explain why I could get my fuel tables knocked down one min (or at least think I did) only to turn the truck off and break for a sec then data log again and get completely different blms sometimes way lean sometimes way rich.... I'm trying to get this thing half way tuned before this weekend cause I'm going on a annual camping trip my family has been doing for 20 plus years and my truck is in no shape to tow my camper right now