Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with my tuner pro

Fuel Injected!

Need help with my tuner pro

Hey guys I finally got my ostrich 2.0 in the mail to tune my truck since I've put a marine intake and vortec heads on it... I'm on tuner pro rt and have my proper ald xds and bin files. But my blms at idle to about 1500 rpm are 140.. and I can't for the life of me find the ve tables or any fueling tables for that matter.. can someone please help.. I'm a newbie this is my first attempt at tuning

Fuel Injected!
    What ecm/bin/adx are you using? In Tunerpro, there are parameter trees that pull down to display the deciphered calibration settings. The tall narrow box on the left of the screen, double click on an item and it should expand listing parameters, scalars, etc.

Buddrow
    If it don't fit force it, if it don't force fit f&%@ it!

Fuel Injected!
    Ok so I found the ve tables.. must of been tired last night... my bin is bjdr 94 c-g-k truck 5.7tbi 4l80e.bin XDF file E6_TPV5_v250.XDF adx file is A201_E6_v250.adx.... now I'm trying to tune my spark tables and I've heard you do it through knock counts.. well my knock counts read 24136.. somethings not right here.. can someone explain?

There's a little more to setting up timing tables than looking at knock counts. If the knock counts are rising during a given engine operation you may have too much timing in that area. However, knock counts do not necessarily mean you have too much timing. Several of us have encountered "false knock" with these TBI trucks and have disabled knock retard altogether.

Vortec heads require more timing than the TBI swirlports. I've attached a screenshot of a modified vortec timing table in a TBI truck I've had good luck with. It should be a good starting point for you. This particular engine is 10:1 and tickled the knock sensor at 1200-1600 rpm above about 60 kpa. Your engine might tolerate a little more timing in that area. Copy the same values into the idle spark table.

Zero out your PE spark as shown in the screenshot and if your marine intake deleted EGR, disable the EGR as shown too.
    Last edited by Roadknee; 10-11-2015 at 01:12 AM.
    1995 K1500, Stock LO5, 4L60e, 3.73 gears, 265/75-16 tires, L&L Products Ultra-flow headers into 2-1/2" Y-pipe and 3" single exhaust

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks man I'll try it out I'm the process of fooling with it now .. after I get the timing tables down will I have to fine tune the ve tables again?

Fuel Injected!
    And also what's the best way to adjust the timing tables?.. here in a weeks I'm going to have a mild cam for it and I'd like to know the best ways to get this thing figured out.. it's a lot harder then I thought it was..

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
    There's a little more to setting up timing tables than looking at knock counts. If the knock counts are rising during a given engine operation you may have too much timing in that area. However, knock counts do not necessarily mean you have too much timing. Several of us have encountered "false knock" with these TBI trucks and have disabled knock retard altogether.

Vortec heads require more timing than the TBI swirlports. I've attached a screenshot of a modified vortec timing table in a TBI truck I've had good luck with. It should be a good starting point for you. This particular engine is 10:1 and tickled the knock sensor at 1200-1600 rpm above about 60 kpa. Your engine might tolerate a little more timing in that area. Copy the same values into the idle spark table.

Zero out your PE spark as shown in the screenshot and if your marine intake deleted EGR, disable the EGR as shown too.
    I do not like Zero'ing out the PE spark. There is good reason to keep it, especially if you keep the stock PE entry and delays. This is what I was running in a L31 suburban with long tubes and a F-car LT1 cam.

Fuel Injected!
    Apparently I don't belong programing this thing.. I mean I know how a motor works I know everu thing about them.. I'm a dirt track racer and I'll tell you no computer is alot easier this this!! Trying to tune my ve tables now and can't get nothing to run right... I still have a retard knock of 9.5... can't figure out how to turn it off... I think I'll have a beer and try again in the morning

Fuel Injected!
    This is what I'm working with

That idle VE table is really messed up. you shouldn't have any zero's. Copy the values from a stock table and it should run better.

Also, find the PE delay under scalars and set it to zero seconds.
    1995 K1500, Stock LO5, 4L60e, 3.73 gears, 265/75-16 tires, L&L Products Ultra-flow headers into 2-1/2" Y-pipe and 3" single exhaust

Fuel Injected!
    Yea I figured I messed it up a bit lol the stock ve table isn't any better to be honest with you maybe it was because I didn't have my spark tables right

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwathen23 View Post
    Yea I figured I messed it up a bit lol the stock ve table isn't any better to be honest with you maybe it was because I didn't have my spark tables right
    Sounds like you are using the wrong .XDF file!!! VEs are not that bad in stock form. Get the correct .XDF file for your .BIN and start over from a STOCK .BIN.

What exactly is your truck?
    Year
    Chassis
    Engine
    Trans
    Last edited by Fast355; 10-11-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Reason I ask is a stock 4L80E does not use $E6. It is either $31 or $OE depending on year.

Fuel Injected!
    I just noticed you mentioned BJDR. BJDR is a $OE binary file. Meaning you should use the .XDF for $OE.

Fuel Injected!
    The truck is a 94 gmc k2500... but the ecu I have is a 16168625 BJDR which is for a 93.. maybe split year...I'm Sur I have the right bin not sure about XDF I'll check after breakfast