Quote Originally Posted by Casey96SS View Post
Well running the new ground wires directly from ALDL pins 4 and 5 to the ground post on the inner fender changed nothing. I did find that the ground stud was loose where it bolts to the fender but even tightening that did not help.

I did some more research on the RDR cable I am using. Looks like I got one with a fake FT232RL chip. The letters on the chip appear to be printed on instead of laser etched. http://hackaday.com/2014/02/19/ft232rl-real-or-fake/

I went ahead and ordered a Moates cable. Hopefully that solves my problem.

I almost feels like it was easier removing and rebuilding the engine by myself than it has been to log and tune this damn car!
Major victory today! It looks like all of the issues I was having were due to the Red Devil River cable and the fake FT232RL chip. The Moates cable I ordered works perfectly. No dead spots while logging and no errors with the programming stability test. I did not try flashing anything yet, but I am assuming it should work without a problem. Best of all my AEM wideband now works with EEHack!

I sure spent a lot of time messing around with this just to find out an $80 cable was the problem. I guess at least I now have a nice clean wire for my ALDL data in my car and I also wired the wideband data directly to the ECM D27 pin while it was apart. Looking forward to working on the tune for this thing! (maybe)