Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
Steveo I am thinking to split the patch on main patch and some add-on enhancements which will be user configurable. The main patch will contain only logging enhancement and sd/maf switching. The add-ons will add extra mode4 controls. That way when you are finished with tuning you can load the basic version and save PCM cpu power with unnecessary jumps.

The patch side is implemented by global enable switch and is hard to manupilate. The easiest way will be to add a check box on the flash window that will be visible in the bin_file.cpp. I hope you can help with the linking or give some hints how can it be done.
you could do user configurable custom patches for sure. adding more checkboxes to enable patches wouldn't be too hard.

you do have to think about something, though.. right now eehack has a patch version scheme so it knows exactly what functionality is present when you connect, and it can modify the ui accordingly, hide/disable controls, whatever. i did it like this so you could plug it into any car and it would behave properly, whether it was patched, factory, or even patched with older versions.

if you did individual switchable patches, you could either:

- extend that version scheme, maybe assign a second byte or two somewhere so you have enable switches for each additional patch you do, something that is 0x00 in the factory bin, and at least that would make it backwards compatible with bins patched from older eehack versions

- forget it and leave the ui inconsistent with controls that may or may not work depending on which patches the user chooses to install, which would confuse everyone

- store the last patch state and use that as your 'detection', which would be very easy to do and work just great as long as you are only tuning one vehicle and only flashing with eehack

i hope you pick the first one, things are pretty seamless right now, which took a lot of thought to achieve

just what kind of enhancements are you working on anyway?