Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
Thanks - I haven't compared to what I did yet but I probably skipped the step of saving the bin before trying to apply the patches.

I really need to rip the wound back open and delve into some of the machine code. I'd really like to have a better understanding of what you did here b/c there are a half dozen similar hacks I can think of that might take some of the guesswork out of tuning for headers in closed loop.
The hardest part was to handle the spi communication between t and e side. Since most of the interesting engine stuff is on e-side and the mode 4 message is recieved by t-side you have to transfer some data between them. Luckily I found two unused bytes and didn`t sacrafice other functionality. The slots are full now and controlling anything else on eside will wipe something else.
Good news is most of the closed loop controls are on tside.

The strategy for controlling 1d table is to copy the table to ram. Change the values at ram and use a switch byte to alternate between rom and ram table. If you want to change a calculated value you can add delta change adder to final value or make it an absolute value by switches.

What do you mean by other parameters. T-side is limited by resources and we need to get creative.
I found that the biggest problem is to get a stable closed loop idle. I have a very stable afr readings in open loop idle and when switching to closed loop either in maf or SD mode I got false rich conditions and PCM substract fuel almost to 17 AFR and the engine wants to die.

What are the most important parameters controlling this behaviour that needs to be tuned.