Thread: Glad to find some like minds

Carb and Points!

Glad to find some like minds

Hi- '
    I'm Seth. I'm an experienced ASE L1 automotive tech who heads up a performance shop in Canada (for now, though I am looking at moving back to New York State, where I am originally from). I specialize in the Holley EFI systems and make instructional videos for this system and it's components. But that's not why I'm here- I am now taking online courses in computer programming for microcontrollers and development of embedded hardware- in other words I want to make my own microcontrollers that will do all the things that aftermarket or OEM PCM's can't do or don't do.
    My only project car is a 1972 Volvo 142 that will be transformed into a NOS sucking small block Chevy drag car (with EFI of course!) I like to mix old style with new technology so that's what brought me here!

Welcome! Holley is making a nice aftermarket setup. Any news on when they will release injector event timing based on cam profile?

Is there a place where I can get my Holley 950 ECU ( Holley part # 534 176) repaired? I'm not liking the prices I'm finding for a new one! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-534-1...-/200769389847

dave w

Welcome...what part of Liberal New York are you from?

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post
    Welcome! Holley is making a nice aftermarket setup. Any news on when they will release injector event timing based on cam profile?
    You can specify the location of the squirt with their current software but it's not variable by rpm- it's just one fixed ppint. In my experience injector timing is good for cleaning up idle emissions with a big cam but it does not affect affect power or drivability much.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

Is there a place where I can get my Holley 950 ECU ( Holley part # 534 176) repaired? I'm not liking the prices I'm finding for a new one! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-534-1...-/200769389847

dave w
    You can try to contact Tom Kise at Holley's tech depth. He's been there longer than anyone else, but he's just going to tell you to send it in son they can see if they can repair it. What's wrong with it? What does it do or not do?

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by EDZIP View Post
    Welcome...what part of Liberal New York are you from?
    Rochester. Now I'm looking to move down to the Binghamton area, but that's getting pretty close to conservative Pennsylvania!