Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A219_0E_31_v250.adx, PE not working

Vintage Methane Ejector
    Yes, those four.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Wow, its amazing how much you can learn in as little as 6 months...lol

Bringing this thread back from the dead to add some more info and findings to it.

If you read the thread, it turned out to be that I was simply not going into PE, because of the delay time. Once I set the delay time to 0, I would finally go into PE, and though it seemed to pull a tiny bit better, it wasnt all that much. I never understood why mark said to change the adx to say BIG POWER. As I just didnt see it.
    Fast forward to when I installed a WB02, and I could see my actual AFR. I had also learned a tiny bit more about PE AFR and that its usally around 12.5. Well when I would stomp on it and the datalog dash said PE active, AFR was not 12.5. It stayed normal and verry verry slowly started going up to 12.5, but usally by the time it got there, it was time to let off to shift gears or I was starting to break the speed limit. But I still never understood this "big power" But oh well, this is not a chevy engine, so I just didnt worry about it.

Well fast forward a lot more to just a couple weeks ago. Out of a curiosity experiment (and a few other reasons) I randomly decided to try a 350 $0D bin. I spent a hour or two making all the required changes to work with my mpfi system, changed all the base settings, copy and pasted in my spark and fuel tables, and made a handfull of other changes (such as dfco, man trans, and pe delay time) I reset the ecm and tried it out. It ran diffrently, but not all that bad, not like I was expecting. Idle/iac logic was surprisingly not a issue (figured since it was for a auto, I would have stalling issues) I actually had to reduce the fuel tables across the board. I didnt really have any results any better (actually most were worse) than my old bin, except for one thing...
    I punched it to go into pe with that 350 bin, and as soon as I did, my afr instantly (like split second) dropped to 12.5 and it took off like a rocket! I havent felt this much power from this engine since I built it. Holy crap, NOW I see what mark was talking about "BIG POWER"
    So all this time I had never really fully been going into pe, or something in my bin was making it not work right, or be slow to fully enter it. I knew right away I had to change it. I zip back to the house, unhook my bettery to reset the pcm, then open up two instances of tunerpro and procede to copy and paste every singe pe parameter from the 350 bin into my bin. Every scaler, every table, anything whatsoever that had to do with pe. Burnt it and took it for a ride.
    Oh yea baby. I cant believe after all this time I never really knew I was not really fully going into pe.
    Just wanted to update this with my findings incase anyone cares. I dont know what it was about the pe setting in my bin that was making it act the way it was, but boy what a diffrence it makes when I punch it!
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

"BIG POWER!"

So what was not set right?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I have no clue. There are so many PE parameters, who knows if it was 1 or a combanation of a few. I know when I copied and pasted all the values, some were close, some were way diffrent, and mabey a couple were the same. The bin I copied the parameters from is BJYM, and I copied them into my bin witch is BMHK.

I forget, what bin are you and your son running in his truck you recently swapped to a 7427? If you are also running bmhk, try what I did and copy and paste, and see the diffrence.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

His is a frankenstien bin now and works fine... WB says it has "BIG POWER!"

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-