Thread: TunerPro, Ostrich 2 and LM-1 question

Carb and Points!

TunerPro, Ostrich 2 and LM-1 question

Hi,

I am currently using TunerPro with Ostrich emulator and innovate LM-1 for my project.
    And now I am looking for any solutions to get the LM-1 values directly to my TunerPro, what do I need for that?
    Do I need some other emulator than Ostrich, or can I stil use it and get some other tool/connections that works with TunerPro and LM-1?
    The car it is used on is a Audi A4 1.8T me3.2.

Any help or tips would be very appreciated:)

Regards
    Es

I don't know all the details needed to help. As a thought, maybe you could use the 0 to 5 VDC output from the WBO2 as an input voltage into an used or re-purposed 0 to 5 VDC sensor input. Maybe the Audi has something like a 0 to 5 VDC EGR valve position sensor that the WBO2 could send voltage to?

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for your reply.

It dosent have any EGR valve position sensor that I can use.
    I wounder if it is possible to use for ex a ALDL datalogger from moates or something like that to get live readings into TunerPro? Or is it that simple that it is possible to connect the LM-1 with the following serial cable that followed when I bought it and get the live data to the TunerPro ?

regards
    es

I'm more familiar with the "hacking" that has evolved for the GM TBI computer (#16197427). The instructions for configuring WBO2 data into a GM TBI computer is attached below. The .bin file is changed along with changes to TunerPro RT to get WBO2 data into the data log.

A stand-alone data logger is an option. The more common tuning inputs for a stand alone data logger would be; WBO2, RPM, MAP, and TPS. With some intermediate Microsoft Excel skills, the stand-alone data could be sorted to show a table similar to the attached screen (GM TBI computer WBO2 data).

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Thank you for that dave.

If I go for a stand-alone logger, can I use something like Moates APADC A/D connector for APU1 ( ebay number 261225889904) between my LM-1 and my laptop?
    This is something I havent done before, so I am not sure what equipment I need or how I do it...
    So I am very happy for all help I get.

Regards
    es

I don't have any experience using a stand-alone data logger. If I remember the LM-1 manual, there are channels that can be configured / assigned to record data. I think the inputs to the LM-1 data logger are 0 - 5 volts. What I find confusing is figuring out how to setup RPM's for 0 - 5 volts? TPS and MAP are already 0 - 5 Volts.

dave w