Thread: 89 V1500 suburban anlw 5469

89 V1500 suburban anlw 5469

I made these logs the day after I got my cable, the first one is the drive in to the shop. The second is the drive home. If you could review them and pass on any mechanical issues that I need to review before I get serious with the silicone stuff. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

Well first thing is that chip was superseded to ASDU... so there was something wrong with it and GM replaced it. Did you open the ECM and see if it was replaced?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Watched your drive to work. Looks fine. BLM at low rpm good, higher RPM and load get lean! Whens the last time you changed your fuel filter?

Your always Open Loop at idle? May be chip, may be old O2 sensor. But nothing bad...

You ready to burn chips yet? I'll give you my super secret recipe chip file...

-= =-

Super secret triple classified exhaust system!!! (no cat) factory y pipe to two inline glass packs!!! I have never changed the o2 sensor. As for the fuel issue I think my pump is on it's last leg or the spring is giving in to pressure fluctuations. I start out at 11psi (cold) and when I get to work I'm around 6-8 psi. I have a knock at start up from the top end of the motor so I think that's what the knock sensor is picking up, but not positive. The ride in I had 2 for the knock count, the ride home I had 5. Also had a problem connecting ont he way home compared to heading in. Is that normal? I'm attempting to modify my air intake assembly to allow more air in. I hope to get another spring for the regulator set up and that will fix the pressure issue, I have change the filter not a month ago. Just haven't decided on which spring to roll with.

Everything else look ok?

I just got the hang for the hooking up stuff, I can do the big cutting jobs, just never have attempted to do sodering on circuit boards, let alone equipment that is vital to the truck running! I need to get hold of some 'testing' samples so I can take a crack at screwing stuff up before I can reliably say that I can soder my own truck computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1989 GMC V1500
    2002 Chevy Trailblazer
    1988 Dodge Ramcharger

Yeah, runs good. No issues, could use a tune or if your getting that much difference in fuel pressure a fix first. Open loop idle is not a bad thing, may be in chip? Closed loop usually beeter on fuel and emmissions. But there's nothing there to worry about. Knock count is a strange thing on these ECM. All I saw was 5 everywhere, it started at 5 and ended at 5 so there were no knocks.

I have same type Subrban, 2wd 1990. Very clean, still has perfect origanal paint. Made in Canada...

-= =-

Could you post your adx file? I learning how to interpret log files. Thanks in advance.

Robert

I think your getting your files mixed up maybe. You should have my adx, it is what you used in TP to record data and will also play back your recorded data.

Are you asking for my data? That is the file that ends in .xdl like the one you posted and I have one from my truck posted in the same thread with all the other $42 information. Last post. I added it there so the beginer tutorial has all files needed to do the tutorial.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

You'll see mine idles closed loop as soon as it gets partially warmed up, very quick. But O2 does weird things at highway speed! Goes open loop because I have HiWay Lean Cruise enabled.

-= =-