Thread: LT1 $EE adx questions?

Carb and Points!

LT1 $EE adx questions?

EagleMark, i am a tuning noob first off, secondly I read the fix article and got a little lost. I went to the adx edit tab and am not sure where to insert the pause or even how to. So could you please dumb it down some and offer me some help. Thanks for anything you can offer and your time.

Sure! What adx, ads or ALDL.ds are we talking about?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Carb and Points!
    I think this is what you are asking. EE_Auto.adx It also says that I am running 1.0. thanks again

I'll save you the time, it was way more than just a pause. I wrote a new one. Go to the link below and get both adx and xdf. They have data tracing set up to work together.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ull=1#post3131

No one has had an issue with them yet. Come back and let us know how they work. Or if you have an issue...

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Thanks alot EagleMark I will try that and see if it works. I have one more question if you dont mind. My speedometer is reading wrong, I went to you calculator and inserted the new number into it and put the speedo scaler number into the tune and it is still off. Someone changed the gears before I bought the car, gps says 70 when speedo says 78 confused if I entered something wrong maybe? By the way car is a 94 Formula A4 with 3.42 gears and stock tire size. Thanks again for all your help it is greatly appreciated.

I don't mind, we are all here to help and learn. Come back someday and help somone else!

I've never used the spreadsheet... so I am not sure. I did try it once and the numbers came up to what I had in my stock bin so I knew it worked.

What's an A4? Manual trans maybe? There are three scalers in the xdf. I wonder if you could just tweak the one for speedometer a little to match GPS? I know the one that says scantool is for the transmission or it has an effect on transmission because my speedo was correct and cruise worked, but my TCC would not lock up? So I was using my scan tool set for transmission to see if there was something missing in TP and the scantool was showing like 14 MPH when I was doing 40 and TCC should have locked. I took it on highway and think I felt it lock about 80 on speedometer. Went back to my stock bin that came in car and it was way different than the Impala SS bin I had used. Set the three scalers to what my stock bin was and all was well!

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Ok thanks and yea hopefuly I will be able to help someone else one day. A4 is an automatic. I will try and see if I can work out all the speedo stuff by your suggestions. One last question for today, in tuner pro under the flags tab for VATS if I uncheck that then does it disable the vats system for the car? Meaning I wont have to ever worry about the key messing up or the VATS system malfunctioning? Thanks

Not completely!

VATS or PassKey does 2 things when proper key is inserted in key switch. One is it allows fuel pulse to injectors, which BTW is how 9C1 police cars are set. Two is it allows starter relay to work. So if you unchecked VATS in bin you will always have fuel if key cylinder fails or insert wrong key. But it will still not crank over! But, for a gearhead this is good because you can turn key on and jump starter solenoid to start car and not be stranded!

-= =-

Carb and Points!
    Thanks alot for all your help! Greatly appreciate it.

DId you get your speedo worked out. I used the spread sheet and it worked great. Pretty straight forward. Make sure your tire size is right. Do you not know what gear ratio you have?

Carb and Points!
    No I got it closer but according to my GPS the speedo is still about 3 mph off. Yes it's stock tire sized (245-50-16) automatic 94 formula with a 3.42 gear. Car was an original 3.23 car. Thanks