Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NOOB constant Full knock retard I NEED Help

Fuel Injected!
    i think it was bosch. i will eventually have more of these so ill hang on to the ecm and in time get the burner and all that . TH TB is before i put new o2 in idk if you'll see any difference i didn't notice any . so its to much adding fuel , like a vacuum leak from a intake gasket would cause ?

I downloaded the datalogs. It will be later this eve before I will get a chance to view them.

The two logs you just posted were showing the BLM in the 150's. The new ecm log shows the BLM being lower 110's -120's. Look at the two screengrabs. You will definitely see the difference. Did you replace the fuel filter, injector spider assembly or fuel pump between the new 02 log and the new pcm log? With BLM's in 150s, you were close to the BLM limit, which in this bin is 160. The PCM was adding fuel and was close to not being able to add any more. I don't know what changed between the logs other than the PCM. Play the new 02 log and then play the new PCM log for yourself. Open the History Tables and compare the Off Idle BLM tables between the two logs.

Fuel Injected!
    yes i there was a new pump, filter,nut kit, cpi installed . i thought the new ecm seemed to be be a little less jittery spark and fuel trims weren't jumping around as much . but decided to do a intake gasket because i have had some small slow accumulation of snot in the over flow and rad cap , and after reading that that can cause lean conditions under load. And since the retard was busted figured it was next on the list and still not back together. but when i to the plenum off the cpi regulator had a bad leak so that's being replaced again! 5mths old it never ends with these cpi's !

Fuel Injected!
    So After A Very long wait i have a remaned cpi! I have had a vast improvement in drivability since intake and small increase in mpg . After cpi was installed idle improved, exhaust fumes smell much better ,and hard rough starts from fuel puddling and flooding after bleeding off .made one run and found codes for low voltage on upper intake sensors addressed cleared memory then pulled a second log which looks good you thoughts on log ? i will get back with mpg results

Overall, it is a little bit lean. The log looks better than the previous two. Have you measured your fuel pressure with the reman cpi? I would be tempted to just try the emissions test again. If that is all you are trying to achieve, it is a stock bin and the pcm is compensating. Attached is a screenshot.

Fuel Injected!
    Like bad lean? Bad vacuum switch on transfer case might be bleeding vacuum and causing lean i removed from vacuum circuit and will pull another log . fuel bleeds off real quick after shutoff will pull plenum and check cpi for leaks after day or 2 and if all is good i will install new gasket . fuel pressure is 55 at start and 45 47 running . i wanted to see what your thoughts are on the logs then i was gonna get a fuel system /emissions/catalytic converter cleaner an then try E test , tested cat temps inlet is 460 outlet 620 so it still there and kicking so i hope just a cleaning will get it reacting better/more efficient then test.
    Last edited by 94s10blazin; 10-16-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    cool out today log seems leaner i think the reused plenum gasket is leaking
    Last edited by 94s10blazin; 10-16-2015 at 08:50 PM.

If I remember correctly, the CPI is supposed to be around 60 psi at key on and around 55 while running. I'll have to try to find the specs. That is why I asked about your fuel pressure. It isn't terribly lean but I would rather the BLM show a little on the rich side than on the lean side. I'll see what I can find and will edit this post with what I find.

Brian

I didnt have the CPI in any of my repair manuals but here is the info from autozone. Hope this helps.

Fuel Injected!
    log from test around block after i put new plenum gasket not any different from this morning . high blm. fuel psi i gave u is not accurate i have a oil pressure gauge and sending unit connected to fuel rail and have not verified accuracy

Fuel Injected!
    ok verified that 47psi was accurate and that the pump could not get it to 62 until the return line was clamped so figured had such great luck with the last pump just change it.
    so after weeks of waiting for warranty i just bought one from rock auto arrived in 28hrs pump and sending unit $70 +9 shipping amazing .
    dropped in last night and pressure shot to 62 and held for 5mins. reset ecm pulled log and wow did it have some mid to high end grunt where it was previously being starved.
    running in 47-55psi range and i thought was odd this thing will go low as 42psi off throttle old pump never went that low.
    blm still look high to compensate for lean..?.. idk if i trust that bosch o2 like u were talking about and im sure raw fuel probably fouled it so i was gonna grab a new acdelco 02 .
    anything scream faulty 02 in the logs ?

Yeah, overall the log looks like it is lean. Lots of people hate Bosch O2 sensors. I currently run a NTK in my setup. I need to install my wideband and compare it to what my narrowband shows. If you are in doubt of the narrowband, it is cheap enough to replace. Normally raising the fuel pressure will richen the overall running of the engine. You just raised the pressure back to what the service manual specs. I'll post a screenshot of your history table for others to see. Keep us updated. Have you tried to pass the smog inspection again?

Fuel Injected!
    Just got back from shop. Finally proof of improvement C02xL 1.41/5.4 HC ppmxL 331/537 NO ppmxL 1651/7380 pass! with only 2mi warm up to shop still passed got my sticker . I'm still planing on replacing o2 in near future . my mech was surprised as all hell saying my cat was destroyed the whole time he was hooking it up although it did stink the shop up pretty good
    Last edited by 94s10blazin; 11-14-2015 at 02:30 AM.