Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to datalog but only couple things come up

Fuel Injected!
    OK It burns chips on PC so it's got to b laptop.... When I changed com port # tuner pro made changes to my computer, but I did not get same warning when I reset port and usb defaults, just info...
    where would I find mask code? Not a xdf file right?

Fuel Injected!
    I got a "tunerpro wants to change computer settings" when I changed com port # but did not get the same when changing back, is that a problem?? How about complete uninstall of tunerpro rt5??

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanks78 View Post
    where would I find mask code? Not a xdf file right?
    Both .xdf and .bin file need to loaded into tunerpro to edit the chip mask code.

see attached screen shot

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    I see no parameter with that label

Please post the .bin and .xdf files you are using.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I am using anmp.bin with 8b.xdf I'm using iPhone to post at the moment so no files but I did share 4 bins in a post couple 4 days ago, if u want exact info I will send in a bit

Fuel Injected!
    Oh wait it's working!!! I changed com port # on computer to 8 and nothing else and now it is working when I use the switch on side....both working now, com # in tunerpro is still #1???? What the!?!?!?!

Fuel Injected!
    Here are the files I am working with... When I data log I only have dash and list, no monitor or history table and record button is red like it works but nothing happens when I click it. history table only has 1 cell.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The history tables and monitors will have to be built and saved into your adx file. Open up one of the more complte adx files for $42 or $0D and look at how the tables are created. I added a calculated airflow history table to the $0D adx file I use. Do a search on this site for making history tables in TunerPro.

I think there is a problem with the posted .ads file. It appears the posted $8B.ads imported correctly into TP5 and saved as a .adx. I attempted to populate a the History Table with BLM values, but the "Z-Output" is blank. Anyone know how to populate the "Z-Output" parameters into the attached $8B .adx file? See attached screen shots, showing $8B .adx vs. $E6 .adx. Unfortunately, the TP5 tutorials I've found here and elsewhere, "Assume" the "Z-Output" is populated.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgillbd View Post
    The history tables and monitors will have to be built and saved into your adx file. Open up one of the more complte adx files for $42 or $0D and look at how the tables are created. I added a calculated airflow history table to the $0D adx file I use. Do a search on this site for making history tables in TunerPro.
    I am using 0D on another vehicle at same time, I seen 0D filling cells as I revved engine and noticed the 8B was not the same

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I think there is a problem with the posted .ads file. It appears the posted $8B.ads imported correctly into TP5 and saved as a .adx. I attempted to populate a the History Table with BLM values, but the "Z-Output" is blank. Anyone know how to populate the "Z-Output" parameters into the attached $8B .adx file? See attached screen shots, showing $8B .adx vs. $E6 .adx. Unfortunately, the TP5 tutorials I've found here and elsewhere, "Assume" the "Z-Output" is populated.

dave w
    Sounds like Greek to me but I'm learning, I will see what I can find out. I have had problems like that with tutorials as well, they assume I am more educated on the subject. I'll keep searching till I find it tho!! :-)
    Last edited by BigBanks78; 09-20-2015 at 09:34 PM.

I was away from my PC this weekend and had posted from my phone. I just took a quick look at the adx file after I imported it ads. I looked at the VE table for the bin posted and added a BLM history table. There are two MAP items in the list and I added the first one. I dont have one of those ecm's to bench test. Try this adx file and see if the history table will populate with BLM data. Let me know if it works. I clicked the three ... and added BLM as the Z data. I also added some basic things to the dashboard.

Edit: Dug a little further and the MAP value needed is the second one in list. First is MAP Volts. ADX edited
    Last edited by sturgillbd; 09-21-2015 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Update relating to dash and map

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the time you guys have spent on this!!!! I will try this file at lunch and let you know :-)

Fuel Injected!
    Yes it is working!!!!!!! I logged coming back from lunch and changed lower V.E. Table accordingly then drove home logging and the changed was good!!! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!

my lack of knowledge had me thinking that editing ads/adx files would be edited in hex or code but I'm guessing that is not so looking at the image you sent. I haven't even opened the editor for xdf and adx. Is that how you made the history table?

EDIT: I am looking at adx editor and think I can find my way around in here but before I change anything will I undo what you did or can I change history table values from drop down chooses? And adding rows in table, or would I need to make whole different table, 4000-7400 rpm
    Last edited by BigBanks78; 09-22-2015 at 05:11 AM.