Thread: oil level sesor Code 52

EE LT1 Code, oil level sensor Code 52

I am running a Corvette bin on the Camaro I have been tunning and I am getting a SES light for code 52 Oil Temp sensor, which the Fbody does not have. Does any one have that flag added to an .XDF file? Or does anyone know the address so that I can add it to my .XDF and turn the bit off? I looked threw the hack that I found on this site but did not find it in there.
    Last edited by 96lt4c4; 01-07-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Strange you are asking something I am working on? Learning disassembly, I too have an LT1 and wrote the adx for it, that so far has worked for everyone. Work OK for you?

So I wanted to add this Code 52 to the xdf because of this same issue... I tried a Corvette bin and had same Code 52. But have since changed to Impala SS bin and used the transmission parameters from a Cadillac RPO code V4P which is a huge improvement! It was a towing package for LT1 in the caddy.

But I thought the Corvette had a different cam than all the other LT1s? Since my motor is stock I was better off with another bin, non Corvette.

I've asked someone if they have a $EE hack or could help us get info needed to add this Code 52 to the XDF, we will see if they have time. If not, it will be awhile before I learn enough about disassembling to find it...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Caddy EEB BKBU.bin

BMDW EE Buick Roadmaster.bin

I have used your .xdf and your .adx files they are very nice. Thanks, I know how much time it take to sit and make those up. I made a few for the $0D mask that I use for my 94 Full Size Blazer with a 383 TBI motor. Anyway, I used to have an LT4 Corvette that I converted to ODB1, so that I could tune it. The motor was a 383 with a Comp XFI cam. I just recently built the exact same motor for a friend to go in his 96 SS Camaro. We did the same thing, put an ODB1 ECM in the car, so that I could tune it. I used my old Corvette bin as a starting point. I have the car dialed in really nice, but the SES light keeps coming on for code 52. Looking for the oil temp sensor that the F bodies do not have. I looked at the Tunercat website, and they have the code 52 in their definition file. I am digging threw the code and using the Tunerpro differance tool to see if I can find it.

I thought the Caddy's were $EEB code. I have a couple stock bin that I can post. One from a Caddy, the other from a Roadmaster.
    Last edited by 96lt4c4; 01-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.

I don't know who did the origanal xdf? I made the ADX and did some data tracing to xdf so they work good together.

EEB could have been anything early 1994. If you have a Rev B "EEB" bin you'll notice right away when you look at injector flow or cylinder volume..

We have a load of bins and cool stuff for LT1 here:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...rmation-EE-EEB

Only mods can post in that information section but if you attach your bins here I will add them there, with a credit to you of course.

We will get that Code 52 added to the xdf, just will take a little time for me to figure out how? Just can't find an $EE hack, tried the TunerCat dissasembler but I don't know how to use it, then found the 6800 motoroler processer is not listed so it may not work on that one... still learning...

-= =-

I found it

x207E MALFFW4 LOGGED MALF FLAG WORD 4

0 CODE 61 A/C LOW CHARGE
    1 CODE 55 FUEL SYSTEM LEAN
    2 CODE 54 NOT USED
    3 CODE 52 ENGINE OIL TEMPERATURE LOW
    4 CODE 50 SYSTEM VOLTAGE LOW
    5 CODE 46 FUEL ENABLE FAILURE
    6 CODE 45 LEFT O2 SENSOR RICH
    7 CODE 44 LEFT O2 SENSOR LEAN

x207F MALFFW5 LOGGED MALF FLAG WORD 5

0 CODE 69 A/C CLUTCH CIRCUIT OPEN
    1 CODE 68 A/C RELAY SHORTED
    2 CODE 67 A/C PRESSURE TRANSDUCER DEGRADED
    3 CODE 66 A/C PRESSURE TRANSDUCER OPEN/SHORT
    4 CODE 65 RIGHT O2 SENSOR RICH
    5 CODE 64 RIGHT O2 SENSOR LEAN
    6 CODE 63 RIGHT O2 SENSOR FAILED
    7 CODE 62 OIL TEMPERATURE HIGH

I noticed the A223 showed the errors in order that they are entered in the address. There are 8 bits so I looked up the address in the .xdf that aready had a flag populated. For example code 55 Fuel System Lean is at addrees 207E bit 1, so I new code 55 Oilt temp low was at address 207E bit 3. The same for code 62, it is at 207F bit 7.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 96lt4c4; 01-08-2012 at 04:49 PM.

I will know for sure when I reflash my friends car if the light goes out, but I am pretty sure this is it. All the other flags in the .xdf fall in order with the bits numbered above.

Sweet! You just earned a custom user title option!

I've been searching for hours for an $EE hack... care to share the one you have?

Ones I found are all bits and pieces and I sifted through and never found it?

Is that xdf posted the one from the thread above? If so I will replace what we have so we only need one that is completer er...

-= =-

Well, I have the same hack you do. The EE hack I have I down loaded from this site that you posted. I found those by looking in here A223.txt . Like i said if you look at the order the bits are in the ALDL A223 file you will notice it is the same order they are in under the addrees. So by looking in the .xdf file and doing a right click and an edit .xdf I could see what the address was for example bit 0 CODE 61 A/C LOW CHARGE, was already in the .xdf I have. By looking at the A223 file i could see that it was under the same address as the code 52 I wanted. What I posted earlier could be a little missleading becasue the A223 file does not show the address, I added that myself. But, now I know that I can use the ALDL A223 file to populate all the flags in the .xdf file. I do not really see me needing anymore though. Let me know if you still can not figure out what I did.

This is right out of the ALDL 223 file

MALFFW4 LOGGED MALF FLAG WORD 4
    0 CODE 61 A/C LOW CHARGE - flag bit already in .xdf, right click, edit xdf to see what address this is under.
    1 CODE 55 FUEL SYSTEM LEAN
    2 CODE 54 NOT USED
    3 CODE 52 ENGINE OIL TEMPERATURE LOW - flag bit not in .xdf but now know address becasue of above flag is in .xdf
    4 CODE 50 SYSTEM VOLTAGE LOW
    5 CODE 46 FUEL ENABLE FAILURE
    6 CODE 45 LEFT O2 SENSOR RICH
    7 CODE 44 LEFT O2 SENSOR LEAN

Create new .xdf flag for x207E bit 3 and there you go.
    Last edited by 96lt4c4; 01-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.

-1999 Hugger Orange SS, LS2 402 T56, 9 inch Ford 3.90 gears, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -2002 Cavalier, Tuned with HP Tuners
    -1994 Full Size Blazer ,383 TBI 4L60E, 4.10's, Tuned with Tunerpro RT (Where it all began)

I see what you did now! Nice job!

-= =-