Thread: Need 4.3 TBI .BIN File Tuned 1227747 for Jeep 4.0

Electronic Ignition!

Need 4.3 TBI .BIN File Tuned 1227747 for Jeep 4.0

Hello,

I'm looking to have a .BIN file tuned for my application. I have the capabilities to burn the stock chips, but I am not experienced enough to do the tuning myself. I'm willing to purchase, and I understand it won't be perfect. I can also log data to help., using winALDL or ALDLdroid. I have some ALDLdroid logs already if anyone can read them.

My engine is an essentially stock 1996 Jeep 4.0l, converted to the 4.3 GM TBI with 1227747 computer, inside an AMC Eagle SX4. It is running, but throws an engine rich code 45. All sensors are new, voltages check out, throttle body is rebuilt with good injectors and regulator, and fuel pressure on inlet and return are perfect (12psi in, 0psi out). The O2 sensor is also mounted correctly facing downward in the collector pipe. Engine has good vacuum, can't find any leaks.

I am running the full TBI conversion with a custom harness, including spark timing. I have a gm 8-pin ignition module wired to a ford Duraspark distributor (advance locked down and rotor phased correctly). There is no EGR, no ESC module or knock sensor.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

We have several stock 4.3 TBI files and other '7747 information here: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

Most members here, including myself, use TunerPro RT to data log with.

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    I've tried using a few of the stock 4.3 files, one of which it's currently running on. I just can't figure out why it's running rich and I'm 99% sure it's because it needs a file that is tuned better.

I was hoping maybe someone had one from a Jeep they have been successful with.

Can you post the .bin file you are using?

I can help make a few basic changes to correct for the displacement difference, 4.3 vs 4.0. Maybe try a different Base Pulse Width (BPW) to see if that helps the rich running the stock chip has. I can also modify the so the spark timing fuel injector data is in the TunerPro RT data log. I would need a TunerPro RT to tune with.

dave w