Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decide on size of picture.

Quote Originally Posted by historystamp View Post
    I've never administrated a web server.

Is the constraint too much data is being download at the same time? -- a bottleneck

Are you exceeding your monthly quota for the total data download per month?

Robert
    This site has no limits of uploads, downloads or traffic.

I have spent at least 20 hours making sure all files necessary for fuel injection have permissions to be uploaded and stored along with pictures of all types. I have even made icons for each of the files exclusive to EFI tuning like bin, adx, xdf that do not exist. There is no other site on the Internet that would go through the trouble of that. But that was the original purpose of this site.

You were working on uploading, sizing and displaying pictures and found the process to complicated so I took away some options and now it is like other forums, easier because it is uniform to most other forums.

So the only issue right now is we have no idea what other websites are going to do with pictures hosted there? I have known this for 12 years. This has always been a problem with forums. You can go to many forums and find what you want and read for hours just to get to a red x at the end. When the other photo hosting site goes out of business or moves their folders and all we get is red x's.

If you go up to first paragraph of this post you will see I fixed that.., I don't want red x to happen here, now or ten years from now. Actually I have been thinking about blocking any pictures hosted on other sites to begin with so this never happens. If you upload your picture or file here it will never go away and become a red x or start as a red x.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I have included several topic in my thread. I'll start another thread & stay on topic.

Robert
    Last edited by historystamp; 01-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.