I've been doing a lot of reading about options and such for the MS over the last couple of days, and it seems prudent to simply get the MS connected to and running the engine in a very basic set-up, with no options other than efan, since I have no other easy way to control it. Then after I have proofed out the trigger in, then move on to adding options, such as boost control, shift light, etc.

I do have both a stimulator and a JimStim (I've been using the JimStim for years with Delco ECMs), so I can do bench testing, but in car testing could come up with different results.

The really confusing part at this point is what code version to use, B&G code or MSExtra. I'm leaning towards the Extra code because it seems quite popular and well supported.

There seems to be some ignition settings that change or get inverted between the B&G code and MSExtra, that causes people to have issues, if they switch between them.

I was thinking about installing a jumper for the 12V feed to the MS2 daughter card, in case I wanted re-install the MS1 CPU, but the more I read about the limitations of MS1, I don't think I will be, at least not in an in car situation, where I wouldn't be able to easily use a soldering iron to remove the jumper.

I am considering using the MS1 on another project that either doesn't require an IAC or I could adapt a PWM type easily. I was originally considering using a '7730 for that project and still am, but the Alpha-N capabilities of the MS might make it easier to run.

I'm hoping to get to the necessary board mods tonight or early this week, to test in car, but will need to build an adapter harness as well, since I want to be able to easily swap between the '7749/$59 and the MS2.

I am intrigued by mention of 6 cyl sequential COP, using MS2.... I can see very quickly needing to upgrade to MS3, just to get more inputs and outputs to use some of the additional features. lol