Thread: Very high Constant Knock Retard (24*)

Carb and Points!

Very high Constant Knock Retard (24*)

I am new to this forum. I have a 1993 GMC K1500 with 5.7L TBI. I recently swapped out the 4l60e with an NV4500, which brought me to interest in tuning. With the current ECM, the truck idles high when I press the clutch and lacks power at highway speeds(There is almost no acceleration). I just purchased all my equipment to be able to data log and flash my own chips. My first data log using TunerPro RT I noticed my knock retard degrees were way high(at 24*+/- .3 constantly). Scrolling down the column, this is the only part I noticed the knock count to increase(screenshot below). What does this mean? Do I have a bad knock sensor?
    Attachment 9425

Fuel Injected!
    I would first start by finding a standard trans bin for your application , you probly need to see what ecm pcm you have and download a bin file from this web sight to match your set up, do a data log and go from there. with a standard trans you will notice a lot of quifering and jerking at cruise speed you would not notice wit an auto trans and a lot of it is hard to tune out. what gear ratio is your rear end? should be a tag in your dash that tells I think its called rpo tag.you should also get the knock sensor out of a std trans vehicele. my v6 auto version uses a 100k sensor a std trans version uses a 4k knock sensor.
    Last edited by ony; 08-29-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: more info

Carb and Points!
    I have 3.73 gear ratio. I just got back from purchasing a manual trans knock sensor, and will be installing it today. I am having trouble finding manual trans bin files. I found one post that labeled a BHAZ file as a 4l60e, but from what I gather it is a manual trans file. Am I correct? Here is where I got my bin file information http://www.scotthansen.net/BCCLookup.pdf . I am still waiting on my G1 adapter and chips to come in the mail. Oh, I have the 16168625 ecm; almost forgot that info.

Fuel Injected!
    that is proble a good alround ratio, this sight has a lot of bin files I think your pcm may run the same bins as a 7427 pcm $ od I think is what it is. at the top of the page it shows a search box, put your pcm # in it and see what comes up.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the help. Once I get my G1 adapter in I will get a good bin loaded. I'm sure I will have more questions after that.