Thread: please help this new-be

Carb and Points!

please help this new-be

ok first off just wanted to say thank you in advance for any help you guys have for me now where do i start well its a 1993 chevy s10 this is where you guys come into play i have a1227727 weather proof computer and wiring harness speed density setup built by jims performance out of Maryland it has a tune port setup on a fresh chevy 383 built buy a machine shop build specks of motor is the following CAMSHAFT TPI
    .499/.493-260/272-216/223-113 DEGREES
    HYDRAULIC LIFTERS
    BRASS FREEZE PLUGS
    TRI-METAL 780 “IROC” SERIES BEARINGS
    CLOYES ROLLER TIMING SET
    COMPLETE GASKET SET
    MELLING HV OIL PUMP
    ALUMINUM CYLINDER HEADS 64CC 190CC INTAKE RUNNERS
    W/1.60/2.02 STAINLESS STEEL SWIRL POLISHED VALVES
    SCREW-IN STUDS & GUIDE PLATES
    ARP CYLINDER HEAD BOLTs
    BORE AND HONE BLOCK WITH TORQUE PLATe
    DECK ENGINE BLOCK PARALLEL TO MAIN LINE
    RE-SIZE CONNECTING RODS WITH ARP BOLTS AND NUTS
    HANG AND ALIGN PISTONS
    LINE HONE ENGINE BLOCK
    FULLY BALANCE ENGINE ASSEMBLY
    ASSEMBLE LONG BLOCK I bought AUTO TRANSMISSION 4l60e from patc transmission brand new with a 2200 stall converter
    also it has a brand new edelbrock lower intake and runners new bosh fuel injectors part # 280155715 24 #s holley adjustable fuel pressure reg set at 48 psi with vacuum line off new fuel pump all new gaskets new knock sensor new fuel lines new o2 sensor 3 wire new spark plugs and wire set new hei msd distributor set at 6* before top dead center with tan wire unplugged to set timing new msd coil everything is new now i had scott hansen .net reprogrammed the tune for me now this is my problem when i first start it runs ok but as it starts to warm up it is missing and back fires through intake also headers start to turn cherry red so i called scott hansen back he had me do a data log and send it to him through an email and told me that it was running pig rich and sent me a new prom through mail got new prom and put it in and same thing also it has code 54 ive tried replacing the fuel pump relay to no avail on geting rid of code also not sure if this is whats going on with truck running like it is scott didnt seem to worried about it so when i first start it up runs ok but as it starts to heat up starts back firing through intake when i apply the gas to it and headers start to glow ive checked timing many times am at loss here i haven't even broke the motor in yet and this is what has me so nervous i dont want to mess it up ive put a lot of money into this and am still where i started i desperately need you guys expert help i dont want to keep trowing money at this tell me what iam doing wrong here or what to look for and thanks again in advance for any help you could bring to my situation iam willing to buy what i need to fix this the right way weather it be buying the gear to burn my own programming i was just hoping someone on here could give me some insight and help a fellow gear head also willing to tow truck with in reason to have someone tune it for me but not afraid to learn how to tune on my own with someones help

Check your harness and make sure there is a wire in connector A pin 20. A lot of homebrew and aftermarket harness's dont have this wire in the plug. V6 connectors don't use the fuel pump signal. If you don't have a wire to this pin, you can install a wire in this position and connect it to the positive wire on the fuel pump or disable the error code. The easiest way is to disable the 54 error code in the bin. If you can post your bin, and a datalog, it would help.

Brian

Carb and Points!
    Can you explain to me how I go about posting my bin iam new to all this efi stuff thanks for the reply and will post my data log and bin soon

I guess I need to ask you some questions. Do you have a chip burner or are you just datalogging and sending your memcal to your tuner? What are you using to get your datalog? Are you using an ALDL cable and tunerpro? You will have to be able to read your chip with an eprom programmer to get your bin or you can ask your tuner to send you the bin file. Some tuners will not send a bin file though.