Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tunerpro and windows 10 compatiblity?

Fuel Injected!
    I see that this is an old thread, however, I need help.

For those of you who encountered difficulties and problems running TP on Windows 10 laptops, how did you resolve your issues? I have Win10 on my laptop and it can't connect with my Moates Auto Prom. On my laptop, COM ports 3 and 4 are already assigned to other activities which makes available COM 1 or 2. For some reason, in TP, my COM ports still appears as {COM1}. I've been able to clear the brackets, however, when I do the TEST, I still get an error message.

I'd appreciate learning from your experiences. Thanks.

Fuel Injected!
    did you open device manager and see which com port it asighed the auto prom?

Fuel Injected!
    Ony,

Yup I've been doing that but still no luck. I strongly suspect I am missing something small. I just found a reference in the Moates Support which suggests setting the Latency Timer for the COM1 port to 1 msec rather than the default 16 msec.

Thanks, I'll keep plugging away....

Fuel Injected!
    did you down load and install the driver from moates web for the autoprom, I had to [ install anyway ] that driver. a black box appeared with white dots going across the screen . the switches on the autoprom has to be correct for how its set up in tunerpro preferences. on interface type ,plug in or autoprom. I looked at my autoprom the little slide swithes go to the left for autoprom, for data logging the switch on the right slides to the right and to connect to tunerpro for data logging [use the 2 arrows at the top of tp tool bar]. I think iam right on which switch to slide.
    Last edited by ony; 07-30-2017 at 02:49 PM. Reason: more info

Fuel Injected!
    Yes, I did download and use FTDI drivers from Moates site. I installed the latest FTDI driver for the USB. Now, when I open TP, I hear a two-tone bleep, and the second box in the bottom, left side of TP window says "Hardware: AutoProm v2.17.A". That message indicates to me the laptop is communicating and recognizes the AutoProm via the USB. The next box over says "Ready" and the fourth box is yellow displays "DA: Not Connected".

That resolves my driver problem but still doesn't resolve the COM port issue.

As for understanding what you are saying about Autoprom switches, I can't make heads or tails...

Are you asking or telling me? In TP Tools Preferences, in the Interface Type box, I select "Use Plug-in" because if I select "AutoProm/MATFPro", the boxes below for "Data Acq. I/O Plug-in Component", grey out and I can't check "Configure Plug-in Component" for COM port. When I check the COM port, it remains bracketed by "{COM1}"

Fuel Injected!
    if you slide the right swith to the right use plug in in the prefrences, that's for data logging. if it is slide to the left it is for using the program you load into the autoprom to load in your ecm. but unless it is hooked to a ecm I don't think it will connect. I think that is when you choose autoprom in preferences. I will hook mine up tomorrow and make sure I my be wrong.there is a help on moates web about this but its not listed as help. in preferences its got chech for working comm port also. when that box opens up in tunerpro showing com port 1 push that arrow and see if it lists more com ports if it does push it and then push check for working com port. the forward an back ward arrows in tp toolbar [aquier data] is what is used to connect the autoprom when data logging.i got it backwards, on my ap both switches go to the inside for data logging, for eliminating the outer switch slides to the outside.
    Last edited by ony; 07-31-2017 at 03:37 PM. Reason: more info