Hi All,
I currently build and restore classic cars. Most if not all of my customers want to run a late model engine/trans package, fuel injection, etc... I want to use the existing ECU/ECM and harness that came with the donor vehicle as to save time and money. I can tune, program, develop, etc... as my first job was as a Software Developer.

My question is I have been over to Moates checking product out... what I would like is software I can download on my laptop that I can access any ECU/ECM I want to edit, disable/enable features, and or pretty much change anything I want In the ECM/ECU. Having to deal with steering columns, code keys, etc... is a pain as I don't use those stock steering columns, keys, and the like.

Is there software like TunerCat that I can use to access the ECU/ECM's? so I can disable transmissions, make my own tunes, and have control over the system instead of having to buy separate components and cables for earlier fuel injection systems? It would be easier for me to find and purchase the software, then purchase USB cables for the various ECM versions makes and models?

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks
J