Good day,

I have been lurking around the forums for about 4-5 months now gathering information on what I need to do for rebuilding my '93 c1500 with a 5.7 liter TBI. And every time someone talks about tuning they send everyone here, so here I am before I buy anything at all. It sounds like I need to give moates some cash and get some data-logging up and running before I do anything to this tired old engine. The original plan was to drop in an L31 crate in place of my 93 350, but I just landed a new job today that is going to have me on the road 80 minutes a day so thats going to be changed into a phased engine rebuild. For now I need to learn how to tune this thing so I can start doing things like long tube headers, exhuast, vortec head swap and change over to a roller cam. She'll be a daily driver and getting me to work so everything is going to happen in stages but i'm hoping to get things done before it starts to get too cold this winter.

I know that a lot of people have had good luck with the 193 heads, but as i'll be driving this truck to work 4-5 days a week I won't have a lot of chances to get these things ported and a valve job cut. Dropping in a set of vortecs sounded like one of the best options after the research i've done. Not in it for the HP, though I do pull occasionally with the truck and carry weight in the winter so usable hp and torque are my main goals. Is the 'APU1' Autoprom setup the best bang for your buck out of moates.net? It looks to have everything but the laptop for my GM truck, but since i'm here to ask questions that is what i'll do.

Thanks, i'm off to test the 'search' forum option.