Thread: injector bungs and other hardware

Fuel Injected!

injector bungs and other hardware

ok, ive already got a good bit of my parts amassed for my EFI conversion on my small block mopar.

using a painless wiring harness for a tuned port corvette
    dodge magnum 5.9 fuel rails
    ford racing 30lb injectors
    7727 ECM
    Edelbrock Victor Jr. converted to EFI

still need a fuel pump, return line, regulator, various sensors, and a throttle body (4 barell style)

also need injector bungs to weld into my intake.

any recomendation for the bungs? looking at quality and price.
    any reccomendations on a fuel pump? this car puts out just under 400 to the rear wheels at the moment.
    will a 3/8 feed and 5/16 return be enough?
    what kind of regulator shoudl i be going with? i was looking at the corvette C5 regulator/filter assembly, but remember that the TPI cars had a vacuum reference to them. the C5 doesnt.
    any great deal on 4bbl throttle bodys with GM TPS and IAC that i shopuld know about?

lastly, what to do about a knock sensor. i know the ECM looks for one, i just dont know which one to choose. theres so many.

thanks for any direction you guys can give me.

michael

See if I can help a little... for the four barrel with TPS and IAC the best choice is an old Holley. They are always for sale and the old injectors are... questionable at best.

Knock sensor should be matched part to ECM/PCM and mounted in block water jacket.

The Edlebrock Victor comes ready for injectors on some? No need for a bung, some intakes can be machined to not use a bung. But if you need one I found loads on Google from various sources. This Holley document may help in the process:
    http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...9R10072rev.pdf

Look around here for injector sizing think there's a link in FAQ top of this forum and you will find loads of links and several spread sheets to determine fuel needed at what pressure for given HP I am not sure how high a TPI pump will go but pretty sure it will have you covered. There are inline TBI and TPI pumps available through NAPA made by Carter I have used and are great. PN5000 or PN5001 I forget which is which...HTH!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    the super victor is availible in efi for the small block mopar for 400+, and you need specific fuel rails.
    ill check out the TPI pumps.
    i was actually thinking about an old holley TBI, but was looking at the billit 4 bbl stuff from bbk, fast, etc. lots of different prices, and pro-comp has the cheapest. but it is not machined for an IAC.
    i did the google search as well, and was astounded at the number of differnt manufacturers. just wondering which to buy, as it seems like the more precisely they are machined, the less trouble they will give me during install and then with injector seals.

thanks fpor the info, mark. please, keep it coming.

michael

Quote Originally Posted by dusterbd13 View Post

thanks for the info, mark. please, keep it coming.

michael
    I try! Where you at and what do you need?

When you machine the intake you need to take into consideration the fuel rails need clearence on top and a way to secure them. Depending on what is needed on intake we came up with a very cool method of making the adapter for TB on intake and extended out to secure fuel rails. Looks slick!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    im in north carolina.
    right now im in the parts collecting stage. once i get my 5 speed in, and all my parts collected for the efi, ill start on this in earnest.

any suggestions on the fuel pressure regulator stuff?

michael

I don't have much TPI experience. The LT1 is an improved TPI has a vacuum reference regulater so that would be a good choice with a TPI pump, 3/8ths feed and 5/16th return should be fine. Inline Carter pump from NAPA or ? is great PN5000 or PN5001 one is TBI one is TPI, they look the same but built specific. I have used both and they are great.

Look at the Injector sizing thread for spread sheets. You can enter HP and injector size to get needed pressure and I think there's one there to get a starting BPW as well for first tune.

-= =-