Thread: efi live tuning specs for 01 chevy silverado 5.3

Carb and Points!

efi live tuning specs for 01 chevy silverado 5.3

hey guys my brother and I just bought efi live flashscan tool. I looking for specs on tuning my 01 chevy silverado 5.3 only has a cold intake and a super 10 exhaust just looking to add some more power with the tune and dont know what to change the numbers to. if anybody could help that would be awesome or could give me the program page with it already set on the page. Any help appreciated.\
    thanks chevy01

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy5.3 View Post
    hey guys my brother and I just bought efi live flashscan tool. I looking for specs on tuning my 01 chevy silverado 5.3 only has a cold intake and a super 10 exhaust just looking to add some more power with the tune and dont know what to change the numbers to. if anybody could help that would be awesome or could give me the program page with it already set on the page. Any help appreciated.\
    thanks chevy01
    Most people do not just give out their tunes. Also every engine/vehicle/driver is different and no two optimized vehicle tunes will be the same. GMs tunes are pretty generic. Not a lot of timing advance and pretty rich throughout. Are you running a wideband oxygen sensor to keep tabs on the air/fuel mixture? I would recomeend one, especially for the novice tuner.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Most people do not just give out their tunes. Also every engine/vehicle/driver is different and no two optimized vehicle tunes will be the same. GMs tunes are pretty generic. Not a lot of timing advance and pretty rich throughout. Are you running a wideband oxygen sensor to keep tabs on the air/fuel mixture? I would recomeend one, especially for the novice tuner.
    OK well I'm looking for what charts or tables to Change and like how much should I change them
    Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    OK well I'm looking for what charts or tables to Change and like how much should I change them
    Thanks
    There are several sequences of videos on Youtube that might be a good intro for you. Calibrated Sucess comes to mind.

Fuel Injected!
    I would suggest studying. Anyone can buy software. That doesn't make them a tuner. We were all new at one point. It's not just plug and play. The first trick on learning to tune. Is knowing how a engine works. Make changes on only the tables you understand. Might help out to get a base tune. Then you can modify off that.

thanks chevy01

Tell you what. When I was new I had an awesome mentor that would have done this for me.... Post up the stock tune and I'll mod it. It won't be a full on performance tune but it will show tables to work on and things to look for. Just compare the stock and mod tune. Email it to me and I'll post up here. Tuning@Team208Motorsports.com
    Last edited by Skinny Pedal; 08-24-2015 at 06:07 AM.