Thread: file name confusion.

file name confusion.

A217 $0D TP5 v250.adx is used for scanning/dataloging the engine ALDL info and some general transmission functions. This the adx you will use most.
    I guess I missed something here.

I got the A217 refers to the A217.ds GM data stream files. I assume the .ds files came from GM.

Where does the $0D come from?

Why the change to v250.adx? I thought the convention was to name the files A218.ADX.

Please use a lighter text colour next time, I edited your post to change the colour to make it easier to read.

The "$0D" is the code mask is HEX. The "V250" is a version number that 93V8S10 used to differentiate that version from earlier versions.

There is no "conventional" way of naming ADX files, one could be named "Your uncle Bobs ADX file.ADX" if you so desired. It is prefered by many to have some name that ties in with what the ADX file is for though.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Pretty sure if you do not change your text color it will look fine in both forum colors. If you notice bottom left you can choose Black Grey Dark or Black Gray Light. Don't choose a text color and it will look correct in both.

Like Six said $OD is the mask for modifying the chip. That would be the file extension .xdf The A217 in this case is the ALDL.ds file name for the data logging/scanning/acquisition file extension .adx

When I work on files you will see both named (Example) $42-1227747-V3 for both .adx and .xdf when they are working properly and worthy of putting up for everyones use. I start at V1, V2 etc... V2 is usually working and testing and adding things like Item Lists Monitors and dashboards till a final version V3. The way I name them I think is helpful because it tells the mask and ecm number and I set up some data tracing so the files have to work together!

Uncle bob would not help much? But if you hooked it up to the right ECM it would work, but you would have to know what uncle bob had?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

$42-1227747-V3
    This is a good convention for me.

$OD is the mask for modifying the chip.
    I haven't worked with the bin files. Where do you find the mask? Is it in the bin file.

Thanks.

------------------------------

I'm not sure what happened to the color. I didn't change it on purpose. Must have clicked in the wrong place. Sorry.

Robert

Then $OD xdf file is the mask. It allows you to look at bin file.

-= =-

Vintage Methane Ejector
    If there was a convention, I wouldn't know it. My back ground is in home repair.

Sure fooled us with those files you worked on!

I thought a convention was when a group of professinals got together out of town with excuse of business and training! But was more drinking and partying?

-= =-

Or people dress up as their favorite super hero/comic book characters...
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Those are scary... here's my favorite super hero! Although least favorite Juff Dunham puppet... ta da da dah!

Man did we just screw up a thread...
    Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-