Thread: Flash Based GM ECM Products

GearHead-EFI Vendor!

Flash Based GM ECM Products

Just a quick post. The Dynamic EFI products use a stock GM ECM. However, there is better firmware, data logging, and analysis features. If you want or need OEM capability to pass smog, or just want a great upgrade to a factory ECM check out the EBL Flash and EBL Flash P4 systems.

No chip buring or swapping, flash in a new calibration (within seconds) via the same data cable as is used to log and view the engine data.

www.dynamicefi.com

BobR.

Fuel Injected!
    Huge fan, sure is easy to use

JR

Carb and Points!
    Ditto :D I'm running it on a 9.5:1 383 with Vortec heads, 454 throttle body and Comp 08-412-8 cam. 13,000 or so miles and no issues :)

Quote Originally Posted by RBob View Post
    Just a quick post. The Dynamic EFI products use a stock GM ECM. However, there is better firmware, data logging, and analysis features. If you want or need OEM capability to pass smog, or just want a great upgrade to a factory ECM check out the EBL Flash and EBL Flash P4 systems.

No chip buring or swapping, flash in a new calibration (within seconds) via the same data cable as is used to log and view the engine data.

www.dynamicefi.com

BobR.
    I've recently upgraded to PCM 16197427 (TBI) and have installed a 4L80E. The next project is to install a supercharger with TBI. Which system; EBL Flash or EBL Flash P4 is recommended to that allows PCM 16197427 to operate boost and the 4L80E?

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dave w; 04-23-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures

GearHead-EFI Vendor!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I've recently upgraded to PCM 16197427 (TBI) and have installed a 4L80E. The next project is to install a supercharger with TBI. Which system; EBL Flash or EBL Flash P4 is recommended to that allows PCM 16197427 to operate boost and the 4L80E?

dave w
    We have nothing that will allow the '7427 PCM to run with boost.

In the case of your truck what is done is to run both an EBL Flash ECM and the '7427 PCM. The '7427 PCM stays to run the transmission. With the EBL Flash ECM running the engine.

To do this another set of ECM harness connectors get added to the stock harness. Then the engine control wires are moved from the stock PCM harness connectors to the new connectors.

We have the re-pin information along with the additional connectors to do this.

BobR.

Dang it that's not the news / information I was hoping for. I think I might try going with the '0411 PCM (if I can figure out how to run TBI with the '0411), seeing how I'm not liking the idea of two computers.

dave w

Doesn't sound that bad Dave! 2 ECM stack easy and RBob has it dialed in!

RBob I had read a rumor of a new EBL with trans controls for this type situation. Any truth to that becoming a reality?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

GearHead-EFI Vendor!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    RBob I had read a rumor of a new EBL with trans controls for this type situation. Any truth to that becoming a reality?
    It is what we want to do next.

BobR.

Quote Originally Posted by RBob View Post
    It is what we want to do next.

BobR.
    I'm not trying rush the R&D of the '427 product development. I will simply state, I would be customer of a '427 based product that allows full functionally of either the 4L60E / 4L80E and full functionally of EBL Flash / EBL Flash P4 in one computer! I'm really liking the idea that I could use jumpers to operate TBI / Dual TBI / TPI / MPFI with or without Boost with the factory knock filter! I know, I'm asking for tooooooooo much in one product?

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm not trying rush the R&D of the '427 product development. I will simply state, I would be customer of a '427 based product that allows full functionally of either the 4L60E / 4L80E and full functionally of EBL Flash / EBL Flash P4 in one computer! I'm really liking the idea that I could use jumpers to operate TBI / Dual TBI / TPI / MPFI with or without Boost with the factory knock filter! I know, I'm asking for tooooooooo much in one product?

dave w
    I would do the same... I like the idea of actually being able to control the trans too, I'm actually considering replacing the 4L60 in my '92 with a 4L80E.

Electronic Ignition!
    Doober, that's easy without boost. I have posts over at FSC with hex patches and whatnot for $0d. I've run a '01+ eccc 4l80e for some time now on the 8625. 8625 is a 7427 with TIS inputs, but the TIS is not required. I don't even need the TIS input with $0d_maf for tranny VSS (MAF needs that VSS pin), I just patched the bin to use the regular VSS input in the tranny code (it works fine).

I should probably consolidate all my 7427 patches onto this site and maybe delcohacking... one of these days =).

Now, where it's really at is CNP support. You could put eDist out of business by doing proper dwell calculations. Doing this on the stock 7427 hardware is no small hack, but it is "possible" if you re-purpose the tranny pins and write the code. I've looked into it, there is an available interrupt with unused pin for 1x cam signal (certain 4cylinder applications). But, then I'd also want to support LSx motors and a 24x CKP signal is probably too much for our beloved 2mhz chip to handle.

0411 would need hardware & software hacking to run TBI (injector drivers)...

RBob, are you hiring..? =). I'll email you one of these days..
    Last edited by helo; 02-03-2013 at 08:10 PM.