Thread: DIY-EFI RIP? I hope not...

DIY-EFI RIP? I hope not...

http://www.diy-efi.org/

Gone!

If anyone knows how to get in touch with whoever has the database? We will host it in it's entirety here!

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

GearHead-EFI Vendor!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    http://www.diy-efi.org/

Gone!

If anyone knows how to get in touch with whoever has the database? We will host it in it's entirety here!
    Naww, for years on end they always forget to renew their domain name. Give it a few days to return...

As for hosting in entirety, a large portion of the site has already been lost. No matter, the site went 'away' for a reason. Look at the threads on the DIY-WB.

BobR.

A while ago when this happened I was given a very large Zip file of DIY-EFI but it was only the structure. Every link to a file was a dead end...

I hope your right! I would rather see it forever, but to preserve what EFI pioneers have done the offer is always there!

-= =-

Administrator
    I dunno if Steve's still running the show. Last time I was on the list he was asking for someone else to take over. It wouldn't hurt that site any if it were maintained by someone familiar with maintaining a website.

Electronic Ignition!
    Here is a link for the waybackmachine archives of the site over the years, many of the links do not work but much of the newsletter stuff is still there.
    Just pick a date from the blue dots on the calendar and you will be transported back to an archive of that site on that date. Remeber anything it references off the site (links) could be gone and not available.

http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/htt...w.diy-efi.org/

Hope this helps

Toddah

Thanks! I have done that many times only to find what I was looking for... gone... dead end... dead link... file gone... Like Rbob sadi above a large chunk was lost years ago.

I don't blame anyone! It was a community project and things happen, servers change, don't have back up. But I would hate to see anymore go away...

This site is backed up on server everyday, it is triple back up at any time. If I make a huge mistake with PHP database that my skills can not fix? Worst case scenario is I pay server $150. to restore site! I would take over that site, on this same server, would cost me no more money and be in same safe situation. But I would not do it alone, it would have to be a team effort, like this site!

-= =-