Thread: www.code59.org Info wanted.

Carb and Points!

www.code59.org Info wanted.

As I was sifting through the TunerPro tutorial on YouTube, the website www.code59.org was mentioned. I was unable to register because my username and Email address was already in use. I've never been to this site before. Needless to say, I was not impressed. There is no way to contact the site administrator as a guest. Is there a way around this? I would be interested in opinions from folks that have successfully used this site. Is it trustworthy or Mickey Mouse? MW

Fuel Injected!
    definatly a trustworthy site... its dead for the most part but there is still a ton of info on the forums still.

Fuel Injected!
    Im a novice but am succsessfully using it on my daily driver so let me know if you need any help or need me to contact someone to get your account going.

Carb and Points!
    Superbee, I would appreciate that. If you can contact them, please give them my email worley.michael@sbcglobal.net. I'm particularly looking for a bin file there, that will be a starting point for a 91 7747ECM, $42, 383, LT4 hot cam, GMPP intake (bored 2"), Vortec fast burn heads and 454TBI, 80lb. inj. 10.3:1 static comp., 700R4. Running on a break in stand. Stupid rich at cold idle. Only about 1/2 hr on motor. Just received TunerProRT. ADX file loaded ok but would not download bin file ANLW5469 from this site. I'm probably missing a small step somewhere. Again, thank you, if there is anything you can do. MW

Administrator
    Hi, Michael.

Is there a .bin you've seen by name on code59? They generally don't set up a tune for you. If you're using $42 / 7747 then the $59 .bins are not going to work as they're for a different ecm.

How were you trying to save the .bins from gearhead? Right click, save as sometimes opens a box that has a filename like "attachment.php" or "download.php." If that's happening just change the file nim to the correct one, like anlw5469.bin, and you're good.

Carb and Points!
    1P2M, I was just wanting to browse that site to see what was out there. I was bothered by the fact that my email is being used by someone else there preventing me from registering. Maybe a different URL? About the bin save Q., I'll give your advice a try. It my be a day or two to get back to it. I just achieved "grandpa" status and there is a lot of celebrating going on right now. MW

Fuel Injected!
    Did you try the password recovery? The site should email you the password so you can login.

Carb and Points!
    Lionel, I did try that and it said "account not activated". One window says it's already in use and the password retrieval window says "account not activated". Looks to me like that site is too goofy to mess with. I'm movin' on. Thanks for the tip though. Back to the party! MW

Administrator
    Looks to me like that site is too goofy to mess with. I'm movin' on.
    Not goofy. Just configured not to allow new registrations. Email paul or turbodig if you'd like access.

BTW, Congratulations!

Carb and Points!
    Thanks 1P2M. I was able to save the ANLW5469 with a click/drag. Now I can get lost in TunerPro for a while. I know it's real easy to just ask for the solution, but it would be mental laziness on my part. I should at least make an honest effort to try myself first. There are several guys here that have done very similar set-ups to mine that I will tap into if needed. I already saved several past threads that will be helpful. MW