Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GM body list

Could be all W cars... if it says W body... the lists I have seen on WikiPideia are not complete and may not be totally accurate either...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    yeah, generally, if you see just a letter, that's implying all divisions that had a model for the platform.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

I'm old... I just can't get a grip on all these body style body platforms, I wouldn't know a w car from a j car unless it was painted on the side. I've really done a lot of searching for a list of cars or explination and best I could do was the Wiki Link which is far from accurate or complete...

B car I understand because I had a Caprice and now a Buick it also covers Impala SS but a Caddilac which I thought was the same I am told is a D car?

As far as Cavileirs, cutlass, Corsica, Luminas (and the Monte Carlo in your sig) etc... they all look the same to me? As a Gearhead I should know this stuff but my real goal is to match ALDL.ds files to cars to complete the TunerPro Lookup (which I got another couple hours into yesterday) and when it comes to these I'm just lost?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

1) The results of 1project2many's BCC query comes out with platform & car information. Was accurate for my car. I was impressed.

Perhaps you could find the info there.

2) Maybe you could find this guy.

Bret Henson
    G.M. Data Stream Information Guy
    His name appears in A309.ds

3) Insurance companies should have this info. Maybe it's close hold to prevent thieves from getting ahold of the info.

4) Could try to contact the author of the Wiki author. He implies he know more at least the meaning of the VIN codes He says every year has a different set of codes.

anyway) I am continuing on my INDEX.DOC to xls project. I'm working on the division / platforms stuff.
    Last edited by historystamp; 01-26-2012 at 10:29 PM.