Thread: need 100k ohm knock sensor and esc module

Fuel Injected!

need 100k ohm knock sensor and esc module

I have a 5.7l v8 with a 1227747 ecm. I need a 100k ohm knock sensor and the electronic control module. My crappy junkyard won't sell a knock sensor and they want $40 for an esc module.

Fuel Injected!
    I can probably find one here in Texas, ecms are $35 and sensors are $8. Plus shipping.

Let me know, I will be in the JY tomorrow at 9am

Fuel Injected!
    i would be interested. Both of these items you could fit in a small flate rate package or box for cheap shipping. The only thing that concerns me is that if the parts dont work i dont really have a way to return them. The knock sensor is taken out with i think a 7/8 socket. It screws into the coolant drain plug i think so coolant will probably come out when you remove it. You can test the knock sensor by doing an ohm test between the center pin and the body of the sensor. The electronic spark control module is mounted on the passenger side intake manifold. Its on a bracket with the map sensor. here are some pics of each part.

Fuel Injected!
    I'll look at the jy tomorrow. I'll let you know.

how close are you to Upton?
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    my zip code is 12571. how much do you think the esc module will be. Maybe they consider that a sensor.

Fuel Injected!
    when I looked at my receipt from when I pulled my harness they didn't charge me for it, but they charged me 38 for a MAF sensor. I just notice that should have been a MAP sensor. Ill ask and post back from the yard. It may be the weekend before I go now.
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    don't buy anything just let me know what you can find and the price. lol we were typing messages at the same time. no worries about when you can get thier. Does anyone live near a pick n pull. I heard sometimes they have like $5 bucket deals. I wouldn't mind paying someone for their time for a working cheap part.
    Last edited by joegreen; 08-04-2015 at 05:23 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    I wouldn't get it until I knew:)
    lakedrifter

billygraves
    Coolant will prob come out when you remove the old knock sensor? Yes it will. But if you dislike or HATE the green sticky bath running down your arm you can stop this. A cooling system with no leaks. Remove the rad cap. I use the OEM caps. The rad is full of coolant. Clean the rad cap bottom rubber surface with carb or brake clean. Tape the complete section off that has the vent on the bottom. Trim the excess tape off the edges with a razor blade. (This stops the air from entering the system stopping the leak.) Install the sealed up cap on a cool full system and remove the knock sensor. Install the new one right after. No Nasty Sticky bath and no coolant all over your back. Works for me. (Note: The sensor has a torque requirement. If you desire to increase the sensitivity, tighten it a bit more. If you use Teflon sealer it is suppose to decrease the sensitivity but I use the sealer and over torque it just a bit more. Used sensors can spin as the assembly is stamped.) Buy a new knock sensor.
    Last edited by billygraves; 08-04-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Still interested in these parts.

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry. I hadn't had time to head back to the jy between issues with the van and vacation.
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    No problem I actually forgot about that.

Fuel Injected!
    I bought a used esc off of eBay that is supposed to work so now I am just looking for a knock sensor. I could buy a new one but maybe someone has one laying around for a few bucks.