Thread: Seeking a Hired Gun

Electronic Ignition!

Seeking a Hired Gun

Currently have a bad module, part# 16197427 in a '95 S-10. I haven't the time, nor the inclination to learn this myself for this one project.
    I can purchase a stock re-man from Cardone, but I don't believe it would do this little truck justice. It is still only a V-6, but it has been heavily breathed upon by a racing machine shop. Details to the interested party. But suffice to say that box stock, it made something like 155 hp.
    With the correct computer program, I am quite sure it would generate well over 300.
    Contact information can be found in my introduction, terms are on acceptance of services.
    Best Regards
    J.R. Pulley

I'm sure there would be several members willing in to help, if you have data logs from TunerPro RT. Without data logs, it would be all but impossible to tune! I'm in the opinion (after having tuned dozens of computers like yours), having the engine and vehicle specifications is not enough to successfully tune a vehicle.

I know it can be frustrating to "come up speed" with TunerPro RT. TunerPro RT is available for a suggested $39 donation. The ALDL cable, which connects the laptop to the vehicle computer is usually available for less than $65. Used laptops are available in a wide range of prices from suppliers like Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/all-lapt...ice%20skuidsaa ), quite often for less than $200.

Below are some pics from the information obtained using a TunerPro RT data log.

Using a Wide Band Oxygen Sensor (WBO2) is the "BEST" way to tune! The WBO2 will let the tuner know where the engine is running rich or lean and EXACTLY where to make corrections in the tune. Power Enrichment (PE) is similar to having the secondaries of a 4 barrel carburetor opening. Knowing how rich or lean PE is, is critical to successful tuning!

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks for the return, and obvious effort to help me understand. I guess I'm stuck with a stock box unless I can find someone down here that does this sort of thing. The truck is not running at all due to this problem so, my only option to get it back on the road is to simply replace it with an OEM unit. Too bad, really, this thing would probably wake right up otherwise.
    Sincerely, J.R. Pulley

Administrator
    FYI the "box" and the software to run the engine are separate items. You must transfer the chip from your original computer to the Cardone replacement. The Cardone computer will not come with any program to run the vehicle... you must have one to install.

This video might be helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7668wB2w2-g

The computer is not the issue with your vehicle. Inside the computer is a part called "Memcal", (Memory Calibration) see attached picture. The computer you have was used with both V6 and V8 engines. The computer you have is capable of running an engine making 400 horsepower, or more! The difference between a V8 computer or the V6 computer was the Memcal. The Memcal is the "actual brains" inside the computer, which is actually telling the computer how much fuel to send to the engine and how much spark advance to run the engine. I'm thinking you need to find someone local to you who knows how to reprogram the Memcal for your upgraded V6 engine. The issue I see with your computer is the "Memcal" (actual brains) does not know the engine has been modified and needs new programming for the modifications. The computer is only going to do what the "Memcal" tells it to do.

dave w