Hi guys, been working on a little project for some of my boating buddies and could use a hand with the MEFI data side.

What I am working on is converting some proprietary CAN data from different ECU's to modern J1939, NMEA 2k, and other common protocols for use with digital displays, chart plotters, and modern gauge clusters. After playing around with some off the shelf Arduino stuff like the CANbus Triple, we opted to build our own high end gateways. Using twin opto-isolated CAN transceivers for BUS protection, and the ARM M4 processor to handle the translation duties. We also tossed in a BLE 4.0 modem for future use with APP's like Torque and such.

Prototype testing is finished and the first run of PCB's is complete. So far we've successfully converted Holley's EFI "Racepak" protocol and PGN set to J1939 and N2k format outputs. All those being 29bit broadcast protocols, was actually petty straight forward to get primary values like TPS, RPM, Temps and Pressure stuff working. Now I've been ask to do the same with MEFI and a couple others units.

Since I presently don't have a MEFI-3 or 4, a Merc scanner, or copy of MEFIburn to sniff packets from, I started looking for some related ALDL files. Guess where I landed, again... So if anyone would be kind enough to give me crash course in MEFI protocol, or links to anything relative before I go jack into one it would be much appreciated.

Also, here is a look our gateway. It has enough processor power to handle OBD-II type request based translations and forwarding faster than the typical BUS speeds if anyone has special projects that might benefit.

Thanks

-K