Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Silly Questions

Fuel Injected!
    You're finding terms that GM doesn't generally use. I believe this refers to the "hot fuel handling module" used on some trucks to circulate fuel for up to 20 seconds. Old GM literature said the module could circulate fuel after the key was shut off but folks on the net seem to believe it simply extends the pump prime time. Either way it's not found on most trucks.
    You are correct. It is the hot fuel handling module. I have been combing various wiring diagrams, because of my various parts. Engine from and wiring harness from an 89 k2500, 92 g20 wiring harness. I think I was making it way to hard on myself. GM did use the term Fuel Cycle Module but I'd have to go back and look through all my diagrams.

I also don't remember a KS module which did not require external power (i.e. 3 wire). Do you have a link to the diagram or information you are referencing?
    Again I was mixed between diagrams.

I really should have started with the ECM and worked my way backwards lol.

Tomorrow, I will have a complete TBI system that will work for me. It is a 90 G20, 5.7 with a 700r4. I pulled the ECM today to void off the vultures. I will acquire the complete harness tomorrow along with some other bells and whistles:)
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    Well after 3.5 hours of junkyard time, I finally have me a complete ECM and harness that makes sense:)

Other Goodies I scored
    1) 8.5 10 bolt with 30 spline axles (my 28 spline has had issues since I've owned it)
    2) The fuse block and interior harness, because my fuse block has seen better days
    3) Instrument panel. It was less than a cute CEL light, and the speed sensor from the transmission.
    4) Reese hidden hitch. (I actually hit my head on it before I noticed it)
    5) Aluminum drive shaft

Has anyone ever seen a vehicle equipped with an ABS controller but not equiped with ABS? I pulled the controller since it was attached to my harness, but there was nothing going down to any of the hubs.
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    The early ABS didn't have wheel speed sensors. It just went off of the VSS input.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
    The early ABS didn't have wheel speed sensors. It just went off of the VSS input.
    Then I will leave it intact.

Ill have to go back and see what there was on the hydraulic side.
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    Would it be this one? Kelsey Hayes RWAL anti-lock braking systems (ABS)
    Last edited by lakedrifter; 10-05-2015 at 10:37 PM.
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lakedrifter View Post
    Would it be this one? Kelsey Hayes RWAL anti-lock braking systems (ABS)
    Yes it would be! RWAL setup. Should have a brain box under the top of the driver fender and an actuator in line to the rear wheel cylinders in the proportioning valve area.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Yes it would be! RWAL setup. Should have a brain box under the top of the driver fender and an actuator in line to the rear wheel cylinders in the proportioning valve area.
    Gotcha!
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    Good afternoon everybody! Its been awhile since ive been on. I hope everyone is having a good year.

Im in the wrap up stage of my engine swap and everything has gone well. I ran across a snag. I am trying to pull the codes from the ecm, the book says to jumper the a and b terminals. I tried that and no code 12 diagnostics. The book shows the blk/wht as the actual ground. I tested the black white and it has ground on it. My question is whete does the white pin b wire go to? The diagram only shows a tan wire back to the ecm..

Thanks in advance.

Heath
    lakedrifter

Administrator
    A connects to ground and B is the "Diagnostic Enable" circuit from the ECM. The ecm will only give codes if the engine is not running. If you install the jumper while the engine is running the ecm will use the CE light to indicate open or closed loop, and if closed it will indicate lean or rich operation.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks 1P2M, but I don't see one labeled "Diagnostic Enable" is that suppose to be pin A9 (24 pin connector)?

Heath
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    What PCM are you using? You posted earlier you had a '7427 and you were re-wiring a harness to use it. But now it's completely unclear what you're actually working on besides you just mentioning the 24 pin connector which would indicate a '7747?

The white/black is typically the color for the diagnostic/test wire. It goes to A9 on the '7747 PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    I'll have to check when I get home Lionel. I can't remember off the top of my head. its been awhile since I've looked at it other than hooking it up.
    Last edited by lakedrifter; 03-14-2016 at 06:58 PM.
    lakedrifter

Fuel Injected!
    oh wait, the '7427 is still in the box under my work table. that was the original 95 Van. Somewhere in the post I pulled a ECM for a 92 van in order to match the wiring harness I had, which is a '7747.

I'm betting on pin A9

Heath
    lakedrifter

Administrator
    Heath, I apologize. Some of what I learned comes from the very early days of GM computers and CCC systems. As already mentioned, the correct wire would be found at A9 on a 1227747.

Shannen

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks everyone, nothing wrong with that 1P2M. If you can shoot with a bent pool stick you can shoot with any pool stick. haha. What you mentioned earlier poses another question for me though. What are the Codes for open loop? You mentioned if you jump the A and B terminals with the engine running that the ECM would flash open and close loop info? My manual mentioned nothing about it, I didn't even know it could do it.

Heath
    lakedrifter