Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which file is which??

Fuel Injected!

Which file is which??

Hi everyone

i have recently bought a moates apu1 and am making some progress (I think), I have found files of all type and even loaded and played with them on tunerpro rt BUT, in playing around with a map in a scalar I found stuff like the speed limiter fuel cut off was set at 48 mph and cuts on at 9mph. Other scalars had weird settings like that. So my question is will the maps b in same shape or do I go through scalars and set up my own stuff and maps will b in running condition?

i also am confused about the file names, how do u tell what's what? I have loaded files and can't find them like I want an xdf but can not find it as an xdf file when trying to put on tunerpro.
    Thanks 😎

Fuel Injected!
    I'm trying to use files for a 707 ecm which is 89-91 2.3l quad 4, I have all 3 years of ecm's if this helps any.....i am also confused about the mask of ecm's. I have 3 of different years and the chips interchange and run the engine so where does the mask come in?? I read that all 3 years 89-91 707's have different mask but I can switch the memcal between them all and all work, is the mask only for the chip?? I am also reading tutorials as I type ��
    Last edited by BigBanks78; 07-28-2015 at 03:59 AM.

It sounds like you either have the wrong XDF or the wrong bin file loaded.

Have you checked in the ECM archives on this site for the proper files for your ECM(s)?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    This site and the tunerpro site is the only place I have downloaded from and as I look at the list on here I am only downloading stuff with id numbers and mask I know to b for the ecm's I have, maybe it's not recognizing it at that type of file ....... I'm trying to write a chip now and I think I got all the files I could find for them so let see if it happens again

Fuel Injected!
    Well I got 8B.txt / $8B.xdf up..... Maybe user error???

hopefully so, I'm excited to try this!

Fuel Injected!
    I bet some of these may not work with all software??

It's best to remember that USERS built the definition files.
    Some are better than others, some are just wrong. Its because information is scattered and not always done by a single person.
    You should not blindly trust everything you see, a little checking on things that seem "odd" would be wise.
    If you adjust something in the tune, verify it did what you think.
    If it did not then check into it.
    86 Monte, 406, Hyd Roller, 700R4 beefed, G3-APU1 and NVSRAM 730, S_AUJP

Quote Originally Posted by JP86SS View Post
    It's best to remember that USERS built the definition files.
    Some are better than others, some are just wrong. Its because information is scattered and not always done by a single person.
    You should not blindly trust everything you see, a little checking on things that seem "odd" would be wise.
    If you adjust something in the tune, verify it did what you think.
    If it did not then check into it.
    The problem is those values are so far off, it's either the wrong XDF or the wrong bin/bad read of EPROM, this goes beyond clerical error of someon'e home made XDF.

If you go to the 3D maps, are the values all over the pace? they should make transitions from one cell to the next that make sense and somewhat smooth. This is what I use a lot to see if the BIN and XDF match, ort at least a starting point. If the 3D maps look about right then I will check some other parameters to make sure they make sense.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    That makes sense! I tried 2 files in car and a blank chip (oops) and ran same all 3 times. I have now figured out how to get my original bin file out so that's what on the chip now, I will try it when I get home. In case u r wondering the quad 4 I'm tuning ran about 2500 rpm at idle and exhaust so rich it would choke a horse when I tried those files and blank chip....

Fuel Injected!
    I did see the 3d maps looked like mountain ranges. I tried those xdf'sjust playing around because I couldn't get the stock chip to read (user error) but have sense read and saved 2 stock chips (a 1990 and 1991) and changed some decel in ve table.

Problem: I used the bin file I run in the car to change and load into emulator them ran car with emulator but the same file on the new chip doesn't run the car, I then put a stock bin back on it and worked fine ....... Wrong mask maybe???? Both year stock chips work in the 1991 707 ecm, tried the 1990 bin to modify it did not work...

If the car runs on the emulator but you go into limp home mode when you program and try to use a chip, you are probably not programming the chip with the proper offset. See this for details http://support.moates.net/programmin...using-offsets/
    The bin files are 32k in size and if you are using 27sf512 chips, they can hold 64k. The bin file has to be programmed to the last 32k of the chip.

Fuel Injected!
    Didn't think of that, I seen where u type it in but it had 0000 and 00?ff so I left it. I will look and try it again :-) thanks for link

Fuel Injected!
    Nope still don't work, the numbers were already there but tried any way:-( .....I'll try starting over, change something small and see again

Fuel Injected!
    I'll try the other bin, match up years and stuff

Fuel Injected!
    Did u know I can read a stock bin with a8 and 8b and get different 3d map profile