Thread: Newb from Washington

Carb and Points!

Newb from Washington

Hey everybody, I am a complete newbie here trying to learn on the job so to speak. Pretty soon here I will be dropping a fresher 350 in my 94 suburban. I say fresher because it has between 7-10k on it from my 88 suburban with a couple upgrades. Intake, throttle body spacer, and I will be doing the tbi mods to the throttle body minus the pod spacer for now. I already know the truck will run fine without a tune, but I don't think anybody on here would settle for fine lol. So as of today I have started data logging the current setup (250k mile 350) and pretending I know what I am looking at. I am using Tunerpro RT and a Moates APU1 for data logging and in the future, emulation and chip burning.
    I have not yet decided if I will be doing any tuning with the current motor in place, mostly because I don't want to replace my plugs, cap, rotar, and fix the exhaust leak on an engine that will be torn out in about a week. However if I did burn a tune for it and mess something up and blow the engine I would rather it be the one getting torn out soon. Either way I gotta figure out how to interpret the data on my logs before I go messing with stuff.
    Anyways, I have a lot of posts to read so I will quit my rambling.
    Thanks for reading,
    EJ

Below are pics of how I summarize a Wide Band O2 sensor and a BLM data log using Microsoft Excel.

I posted a tread on making an Excel average "ifs" spreadsheet. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?3505-7427-VE-Correction-using-Excel-Averageifs-OD-31-OE-and-E6

dave w

PS I'm in Vancouver WA.

Carb and Points!
    Thats another thing I need to get, a wideband lol.
    Your a couple hours south of me, Im up in spanaway.