Thread: New to Forum, wanting to EFI my Cadillac

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

New to Forum, wanting to EFI my Cadillac

Hi all,

I have a 1957 Cadillac Coupe de Ville that I'm working on right now. It's not a show car and I lack the cash to do a $150,000.00 resto on it, so it's becoming a nice driver.. like moving art for the street, keeping the fins and curves alive for others to see. I've rebuilt the motor with forged pistons and rods, over sized stainless steel valves with bronze guides, and am eventually planning on running it with 1 or 2 turbos on pump gas. Compression ratio is 8 to 1 now. Eventually I'd like to fuel inject it and make it sequential.. my limiting factor for that would be that I can't get my hands on anything other than a cast manifold... unless I fabricate an aluminum one myself. I'm running a 4l80e behind the Cad motor because I like to over build the drive line a bit and the car now has 4 wheel disk brakes.. as it's important to stop as well as go fast. The 4l80e still needs a transmission controller, which is actually how I discovered this board. One of the members is creating a 4l80e transmission controller utilizing an Arduino board.. which I think is really cool.

With this car I'm going for a stock appearance but hopefully utilizing a lot of hidden tech to make it modern and different at the car show. I personally like the cars you look at, find one thing slightly out of place but looks like it came like that from the factory and then you start seeing all the little differences than what everyone else is doing to their cars.

If you're interested, check out my build thread on modified Cadillac. Thanks for reading!

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/foru...ic,8325.0.html

Very cool project your working on!

dave w