Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALDL files for Fords?

ALDL files for Fords?

Does anyone have access to ALDL files for Fords?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Well I found out in Ford lingo that the ALDL steams we in GM land are called Box Codes or stratigies in the Ford world... so I am getting a Ford lesson!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the best forum for Ford EFI that I have found:
    http://eectuning.org/forums/

I have been tryint to register there, even jumped through the hoops to find the exact quote needed to answer the question to join, but it says it's the wrong answer? It says copy and paste this "I promise not to make lame titles" so I do and am refused registration for wrong answer? No contact info anywhere so I just read...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Hmmm...I have been on there for a long time so I don't remember how the registration works. I'll see if I can get the mods attention if there is a problem.

Thanks! I'm fairly competent with Internet and a member of many forums, and built a few. I did registration correctly, followed the clue to exact phrase needed and found exact instructions "this is the answer for password" to cut and paste it... still said wrong answer?

But searching there did not find any information outside the 5.0L engine... seems Ford has been very tight with their data stream information!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I tried it too just to see what happened and got the same result. I sent one of the mods a PM so hopefully he will get back to me sometime soon. What Ford engines are you looking to tune? Most of the info there is for the EEC-IV or EEC-V which can be used with many EFI ford engines not just the 5.0.

Austrian I6 4.0L HWAD3 which is not a problem the xdf for TunerPro has been created, additional items for the turbo and boost are done. But there is no adx. And no documents for addressing the data stream information like there is on the GM. I have looked at 2 adx for GUFB and CBAZA with the Moates QuarteHorse and they both are different. Moates EEC and popsracing were all contacted but seems the information has never been developed, or at least not past Scan Tool companies. Since Scan Tools work, the information is there, just not accessible.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Ok he changed the password overe there to: NoLameTitles
    Said to try it again and let him know if it works. As far as I know the US EEC's do not spit out a data stream like the GM products do. You need hardware like the quarterhorse or tweecer to datalog.

I'll give it a try! Thanks!

It has a Quarterhorse... but need to get adx adrress for correct info. I thought the QuarterHorse would be same on all but in comparing 2 available adx written by Craig at Motes they are not? May take some time to trace them while building and adx for TunerPro.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Is this the address you are looking for? I took this from a post over there. Sailorbob seems to be the man with the info.

0x2CD34 - HWAC2, HWAD3, HWMD3
    0x2CEF2 - N4AG9, N4AGB
    0x2CEE4 - N4AFF
    0x1CEF4 - N4MG3

The above addresses all assume 256k bins.

The parameter is within the first few bytes of data block 6 in the above strategies so if your ecu is not covered by one of these it might be worth looking in that area of the bin.

Hmmm! I am trying to learn the Ford with knowledge of GM and it's all a bit confusing at first.

But yes HWAD3 is the bin, we know that. Modifying bin is not the issue. Building data acqusition (adx) for that bin with Quarterhorse is the issue.

Thank you for helping, I will also try to get into above forum, right now the rest of day is taken up going to funeral with a freind and other appointments...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Because I was curious I looked around at this stuff yesterday. Back when I was into learning the ford stuff the quarterhorse didn't exist and the tweecer was brand new and expensive so basically all I had was the moates J3 chip. With no way to datalog it was just basically a guessing game for a DIY guy at that point. I didn't do much real tuning just basically turned things on and off and implemented a fan control. The quarterhorse looks pretty cool.

Based in what I found it can be very difficult to create ADX's for the more obscure strategies. The people who have the info don't want to give it up.

Fords have been on my list of more things I want to learn EFI tuning on. I can diagnose and fix just about anything if I want/need too. So when the opportunity came about to do a data tracing project for a performance company in Australia I said I would look into it. Data tracing is not an issue for me, I've even learned enough about ALDL files to make an ADX from scratch. But you are right, if the information is out there it is tight lipped.

But since the guy had already contacted EEC and TWeecer and Pops racing with offers to pay and have this adx information developed, and got no reply I knew I was not going to be able to accomplish the data tracing end.

I did contact Moates because the now boosted Ford engine has a QurterHorse. Because of this they wrote a new Developers Corner article. But still to get information needed to write the ADX involves Motorola processing disassembly etc... and I just don't have time to learn all that right now. But the article is here:
    http://support.moates.net/2012/01/04...-quarterhorse/

Thanks for helping out cmaje72!

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I saw that yesterday and was wondering if you were the catalyst for that. Get on eectuners and talk to Sailorbob. Based on some of the posts I read he might already have something developed for some of those aussie strategies.