Hi everyone! Fairly new to gearhead-efi and REALLY new to EFI. I am learning a great deal from this site. Thanks in advance for the help.
I do not know if this should have been posted here or in the EFI forum. First the background.....I bought a 69 Camaro in pieces from a friend of mine. In the end I want this as my daily driver. Doing body work now. Changed rear suspension to triangulated four link. Mini tubbed rear for 315's, narrowed a ford 9" (3.70 ratio) and added coilovers. 700R4 transmission with 2000 stall. Thinking ahead to the motor. I have in hand a complete TBI from a 1988 5.7 GMC Vandura, 7747 ecm added ZIF and chip from Moates. I am considering using the TBI intake as I read on a forum somewhere that it is a bit of a high rise???? The machine work had been done on the gen 1 350 block and the GM 441 heads when I got them. Block is bored .030, Align bored, cam bearings installed. Keith Black flat top hypereutectic pistons. The heads are 76cc GM 441's. (I think I will be at 9-9.2 comp ratio) They have hardened seats, 2.02/1.60 valves, three angle valve job and screw in studs......So I hate not to use them. I want to go retro hydraulic roller cam to maximize performance. (I know I will have to change the valve springs). I realize this will not be a high RPM motor. I would like to have the largest cam I can and still be able to tune the EFI myself. (I know gearhead-efi is the place for that) I called Comp cams, they suggested 12-466-8 camshaft, 268/276 dur 218/224 @ .050, .570/.565 lift, 113 degree LS. I thought this one a bit much with the RPM range a little high on both ends, especially the bottom.
Sorry for being sooooo long winded but I thought you would need all the info to help me.
I am sure I will be leaning on you all later when it is time to tune. Thanks again, Steve