Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Another option for $0D efan control

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    You asked about the values at CBB0, which IIRC enable fan control, ENGINE fan control. The E-fan patch I used did not have any transmission fan control settings.
    In looking at first post in this thread from 93V8S10 he states someone else did the E fan patch and he has added to it. So you must have done this early on before he added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    The .bin file I attached in post 106 also has 700R4 TCC enabled.

dave w
    I've never done that... so is that another patch we can add?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    I've never done that (700R4 TCC)... so is that another patch we can add?
    I don't think so, Location 400F - Bit 6 is TCC Only and available in the Flags of $OD

dave w

Super Moderator
    7E is the instruction for a jump. in this instance, JMP L7071.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

OK, here's the new XDF with E fan patch, it works but not been tested on vehicle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

If all goes well, I will test it out this weekend. I'm going to have to tweek my fan mount just a tad then finish wiring it up.

I downloaded your XDF. So all I have to do is hit apply patch and its done? I did that and saved it as new.
    I will not be using soft start (I'm using a standard relay) what do I need to do to make sure its set correctly, I have plenty of relays, but I dont want to burn them up.
    The flags, what are they for, do any of them need checked?
    The scaler, engine fan code, says to change from D399 to 7019, but it was not changed after I applied the patch. Do I have to manually change that value?
    Same thing for the trans fan, it has two scalers that say trans fan code. I will not be using the trans fan, I only have 1 fan.
    Are these scalers to turn on the function?

Last, what, if anything, has been removed or replaced by this code? The variable manifold tuning controll? Just want to make sure it didnt remove something I am actually using (like ccp or something like that) and make sure if I change another parameter it wont mess up the fan/code.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    If all goes well, I will test it out this weekend. I'm going to have to tweek my fan mount just a tad then finish wiring it up.

I downloaded your XDF. So all I have to do is hit apply patch and its done? I did that and saved it as new.
    I will not be using soft start (I'm using a standard relay) what do I need to do to make sure its set correctly, I have plenty of relays, but I dont want to burn them up.
    The flags, what are they for, do any of them need checked?
    The scaler, engine fan code, says to change from D399 to 7019, but it was not changed after I applied the patch. Do I have to manually change that value?
    Same thing for the trans fan, it has two scalers that say trans fan code. I will not be using the trans fan, I only have 1 fan.
    Are these scalers to turn on the function?

Last, what, if anything, has been removed or replaced by this code? The variable manifold tuning controll? Just want to make sure it didnt remove something I am actually using (like ccp or something like that) and make sure if I change another parameter it wont mess up the fan/code.

Sounds like you needed the first simple code...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    So I just installed a electric cooling fan in my cherokee today. All I gotta do is finish up some wiring. Its a single fan, single speed, and I will be using a standard relay (not pwm). However, I am nowhere near smart enough to put the code into my bin. Is there anyone here that would be willing to do it for me if I email them a copy of my bin?
    Check and done with a patch!

-= =-

Hey mark, I think there might be something wrong with the patch. I was thinking last night, it would be nice if I could test this before the weekend when I need to get it installed and running. Then I remembered, my test bench! So I applied the patch to a copy of my current bin, burnt it to a chip, stuck it in a good spare 7427, added the wire to the harness and for now just have it hooked to a small noid light so I can see if the output is working. I was going to use a heat gun to raise the temp to where the fan should cut on, and if the light comes on, then we are good to go.
    Well I do all that, turn on the switch, fuel pump relay and light (a lightbulb in my harness simulates the fuel pump) comes on for a couple seconds, then starts rapidly coming on and off. I turn it off, double check my harness, all connections, power wires and everything. I think maybe I had a bad burn on the chip. I erase it and burn it again, it burns fine. Still same issue. If I connect to the ecm, it does connect, but all the data on the screen jumps from zero to max at the same rate as the fuel pump relay is clicking. I then burn a copy of my current bin without the fan patch. I try it and it functions perfectly fine and normal, connects normally and all data is good. I try the fan bin again and its back to jumping all over the place.
    So I think something might not be right and it messed up the bin. Ideas?
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Something is seriously wrong! I was just trying to implement the patch, I wish I had a vehicle with this mod done to work on and test, but have never done the mod?

Since you don't need this enhanced PWM twin fan deal? Maybe Six has the old single fan code? We could add that patch as well, he has it working as have others. I'm not sure anyone has done this one?

-= =-

The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Something is seriously wrong! I was just trying to implement the patch, I wish I had a vehicle with this mod done to work on and test, but have never done the mod?

Since you don't need this enhanced PWM twin fan deal? Maybe Six has the old single fan code? We could add that patch as well, he has it working as have others. I'm not sure anyone has done this one?
    Reading back through this thread, it looks like PJG1173 got it working See post 86. Anyone seen him around lately?
    What ever happened to 93V8S10?

Try the .bin I posted on the test bench setup. The .bin I posted is in a running / driving / E-Fan / working vehicle.

dave w
    Last edited by dave w; 09-12-2013 at 05:50 AM.

I can look at Daves bin as well and see what part of patch I screwed up on. Well, if it is this same patch? Or is it the first edition ?

I don't know where 93V8S10 went? Like he dropped of the planet? Hope he's OK...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I can look at Daves bin as well and see what part of patch I screwed up on. Well, if it is this same patch? Or is it the first edition ?

He had done a vortec mpfi conversion on that S10 and posted about it on FSC a while back but that is the last I have heard from him.

Mark, I hand edited the .bin I posted with the TunerPro hex editor. I did not use the patch.

dave w

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    He had done a vortec mpfi conversion on that S10 and posted about it on FSC a while back but that is the last I have heard from him.
    He's been here since then but it's been a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Mark, I hand edited the .bin I posted with the TunerPro hex editor. I did not use the patch.

dave w
    Is it the one from first post in this thread?

Because there's another one that is just E fan...

-= =-