Thread: G1 Adapter and Datalogging

G1 Adapter and Datalogging

Yo guys........

Just one quick question, is it possible to Datalog with the G1 adapter installed, I switched to the $6E mask and a new bin, that I adjusted, and am running now with the G1 adapter. I should have switched Masks years ago. The Ecm is the 1227165, all connects very well, but the Datastream is not displaying at all. Does the original Prom have to be installed to Datalog?

MrStude. M1Methanol is yer friend...

Fuel Injected!
    It shouldn't be a problem to datalog with the adapter. Double check all of your TunerPro settings and ensure that you've selected the correct definition file for your mask.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
    It shouldn't be a problem to datalog with the adapter. Double check all of your TunerPro settings and ensure that you've selected the correct definition file for your mask.
    ^^^ This.

The G1 adapter is just that an adapter. As far as the ECM knows there is just a MEMCAL installed and so datalogging works as normal.

Make sure that you have the correct ADX and that the E/EPROM has been programmed properly.
    Last edited by Six_Shooter; 03-30-2018 at 02:13 AM.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by fastacton View Post
    Thanx Fastacton,

I will double check , when I was running the $32 mask, 1227165-160.adx, it was easy , plug and play with the motivation prom in place. I will read my new bin file again, I don,t think it was any different for the $6E mask, 1227165-6E.adx , it should be the $6E, got it from Eaglemark,s post ( god bless him )!! Now that I know it should work, I know I read that some of the slower 1227165 ecm,s have issues, but only in 160 baud, mine hooks up at the 8192 baud. The truck runs really really strong.....but just wanna get another log in to be sure no issues remain. Thanx Again Fastacton

Thanx Six_Shooter,

I burned the bin myself, double checked and verified with Flash & Burn, its the $6e Arap Corvette bin with 3:07 gears that Eaglemark posted ( god bless him )!! I made some changes but have no issues with it running, just wanting to do another log to be sure. Deleting the cold start was the best thing ever, should have done it years ago.
    Also got his 1227165-6E.adx for the datastream as well.... I read in a post that only the adx file needs to be open for the logging, is that correct? Thanx MrStude.

M1Methanol is yer friend!

Fuel Injected!
    what is a mask? and do I need to worry about it. I can't seem to UPLOAD a BIN

Upload button never lites up, I think I have a bad unit