Thread: TunerPro starter Tutorial! New users this is a must read! :-)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by blistovmhz View Post
    Okay, so I dunno if my google-fu is just horrendous this week, but I can't for the life of me find a straight answer on what all I need, and what all I can do, to flash my ECM from a 2000 chev 1500. 16220610.
    Everything I keep finding is for OBDi.

Can someone list the hardware/software I'll need to flash out some emissions/antitheft for this ECM?
    The number you posted (16220610) is the Hardware number - which is probably why you haven't received a greater response to your post. The PCM Service number will be 09354896 (used in 1999 and 2000), the forerunner to the popular 12200411 PCM (used in 2001 and 2002).

Current options for tuning this PCM yourself include LS1Edit, HP Tuners, EFI Live, and JET DST.

Also, this Forum tends to be an older crowd, so dropping F-bombs in your posts will probably lead to being ignored, or eventually banned.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
    The number you posted (16220610) is the Hardware number - which is probably why you haven't received a greater response to your post. The PCM Service number will be 09354896 (used in 1999 and 2000), the forerunner to the popular 12200411 PCM (used in 2001 and 2002).

Current options for tuning this PCM yourself include LS1Edit, HP Tuners, EFI Live, and JET DST.

Also, this Forum tends to be an older crowd, so dropping F-bombs in your posts will probably lead to being ignored, or eventually banned.
    I have no idea what I'm doing compared to you guys :p. As I said, I'm not completely illiterate with this stuff, but I just don't have the specific experience necessary to speak the language.

I suppose though it seems like my question has been answered. I know there used to be several methods which did not require per-vin licensing, for 99+ LS/LT's, but seems like they've all since been sold/licensed to the big names, who are now charging per-vin. HPtuners seems to be the cheapest (which surprises the hell outta me as the last time I looked at them, they were the most expensive). Their current pricing schedule, as far as I can gather from it, is $50/vin, which I think is completely reasonable.

Thanks guys.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by blistovmhz View Post
    I have no idea what I'm doing compared to you guys :p. As I said, I'm not completely illiterate with this stuff, but I just don't have the specific experience necessary to speak the language.

I suppose though it seems like my question has been answered. I know there used to be several methods which did not require per-vin licensing, for 99+ LS/LT's, but seems like they've all since been sold/licensed to the big names, who are now charging per-vin. HPtuners seems to be the cheapest (which surprises the hell outta me as the last time I looked at them, they were the most expensive). Their current pricing schedule, as far as I can gather from it, is $50/vin, which I think is completely reasonable.

Thanks guys.
    For HP Tuners, you normally need to use 2 credits per VIN, so it's closer to $100 (you can get discounted credits). Where it starts getting cheaper is when you unlock model year groups, but you have to do enough of them to make it worth the initial investment.
    1973 K-5 Blazer, TBI 350, TH400, 1 ton axles & 38" SSRs'
    1975 280Z, TBI 350, 700R4
    1953 M-38A1, TBI Buick 231
    1951 Ford Panel, 5.3 with 4L80E

Carb and Points!
    Here you go, everything you need to know for the ford's

http://www.efidynotuning.com/started.htm
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning