Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LQ4 Power

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pedal View Post
    Its a tuning site, we know what happens when you move the O2s further down stream with long tubes. Well, what needs to happen anyway.
    I think only a handful of people truly understand this and I've yet to find folks willing to share their knowledge. Perhaps you could visit Barry's "Idle BLM" thread under "GM EFI Systems." Several of us are running the 7427 ECM and could use some help understanding what changes are needed to eliminate surging when running headers and larger cams.

Administrator
    I have to ask. Do you have some type of impairment?
    Gentlemen...

A disagreement of opinion is fine but please keep it civil.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Gentlemen...

A disagreement of opinion is fine but please keep it civil.

Thank you.
    You can not pull that out of context. When you pull the single question without the rest of why, it forms the problem of civility.

Fuel Injected!
    Just my 2 cents, but I think it's time to close this thread, nothing good is happening here anymore. Skinny Pedal and Fast355, you guys should probably refrain from commenting on each others posts for a while. This site is here to help people with EFI tuning and I've seen both of you make good contributions to that end, but that's not what's happening here. Agree to disagree and call it a day. Just my opinion.

I agree. I wanted to start a tech thread that quickly turned to an inadequacy thread.

I have piles of data here from everything we tested that I was going to share. Airflows, airflow math, cams/combos that didn't work................ But why at this point.
    Last edited by Skinny Pedal; 07-05-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I guess I should mention I got a 6.0L with a bent crank snout and a broken compressor mounting boss cheap today for those that think I am anti-LS. It is destine for a lightweight sports car where its potential can be realized.
    This makes no sense. With your BS claims about easily annihilating the torque of a LS engine below 5k using a cheap small-block build, why would you want to run a LS engine for any street use???

Dyno queens aren't that fast on the street and often not that fast on a track either.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    This makes no sense. With your BS claims about easily annihilating the torque of a LS engine below 5k using a cheap small-block build, why would you want to run a LS engine for any street use???

Dyno queens aren't that fast on the street and often not that fast on a track either.
    Who said it was going to be a street car???? Its getting a TH400 with a ~4,000 stall and 4.56 geared 12-bolt with a big Holley on top in a ~3,000 lbs car.

I have piles of data here from everything we tested that I was going to share. Airflows, airflow math, cams/combos that didn't work................ But why at this point.
    Because I along with others that will be heading down the LS path can learn from your experience and would appreciate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
    Because I along with others that will be heading down the LS path can learn from your experience and would appreciate you.

I totally get that. I just meant in this thread or another. I have a feeling any other one started would get cluttered with useless info not related to the thread's intention.

Agreed, but that happens on every message board I've ever visited. There is always at least one individual that uses these forums to boost their own ego at the expense of others and detriment of the topic. There has been more than once I've resisted the urge to ask a member if they sustained any injuries knocking themselves down patting themselves on the back so hard. Responding only further poisons the thread. If you let it go they'll typically get bored and go find someone else to haunt.

If you have another Board you post LS tuning info could you PM me a link? Like I mentioned, I am looking to get into the LS realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadknee View Post
    Agreed, but that happens on every message board I've ever visited. There is always at least one individual that uses these forums to boost their own ego at the expense of others and detriment of the topic. There has been more than once I've resisted the urge to ask a member if they sustained any injuries knocking themselves down patting themselves on the back so hard. Responding only further poisons the thread. If you let it go they'll typically get bored and go find someone else to haunt.

If you have another Board you post LS tuning info could you PM me a link? Like I mentioned, I am looking to get into the LS realm.
    PM sent

New combo........ Needless to say its pretty impressive for less than 3500lbs to yank 12k worth of dead drop.

https://www.facebook.com/Team208Moto...type=2&theater

Fuel Injected!
    New combo........ Needless to say its pretty impressive for less than 3500lbs to yank 12k worth of dead drop.

Sounds great!!!

My new engine has cathederal port heads but is not LS. Cannot wait to see how it pulls. I will be moving 12K GCVW often.

Carb and Points!
    Nice!
    I scrolled down your Facebook and saw the 76 dually/8.1l swap, You have any more pics/vids of that project? or maybe a build thread?

Quote Originally Posted by hammered94 View Post
    Nice!
    I scrolled down your Facebook and saw the 76 dually/8.1l swap, You have any more pics/vids of that project? or maybe a build thread?
    There is a gallery up on FB. I was going to get all finished pics and videos but I was out of town when it got picked up. It has to come back in for a checkup and to have the electric to mechanical speedo drive box replaced. You have any questions? Feel free to fire away.